Russian Dev Finds Hack to Circumvent Paying for iOS Apps

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]there are young people who like apple ofcourse. But young people are openminded enough to potentially question the advertised supremacy of icrap. Not every inbetween is a me2 type.[/citation]

Maybe, but most that I've ever known don't question this because they don't care or they believe in it. Some might not believe in it, perhaps a very large amount, but a huge part of Apple's market share is undoubtedly younger people with iPhones and/or iPods. A lot don't even seem to care if they're superior or not, they just seem to think that they're cool or something like that.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]It isn't irrational if you're working in IT. I have to support crap apple makes at work when I can't find a way to get around it. In the distant past, before imacs and all the modern fragile icrap they make, they were respectable. Notably for buying and promoting postscript and usb. But that's about the only positive things they've done in my lifetime though, and it certainly doesn't warrant their existence today.Today they only survive because they're really good at making simpleminded, ignorant and prestigeminded people think they get a good deal if they sell their souls to apple. In short, it's not irrational but it might be hatred. Seeing from a trend in our It department, those who like icrap are 1) women or 2) middleaged men or 3) old people. Those who don't are either 1) young people or 2) hardware interested 3) priceminded.And I think we could get the #1 and #3 groups over to anti apple if they'd not been indoctrinated to the point they have. They mainly stick because they're blinded and no longer look for better options like a windows phone or x86 tablet.[/citation]

I've been in IT since before it was IT. Started in 1978 as a COBOL programmer/janitor. Lots of VMS experience from way back when as well. One thing that drives me crazy are IT people who aren't in love with technology. IT people who aren't OS/Company/Hardware agnostic.

I have had a few working for me that 'refused' to work with the program. Since it didn't involve their favorites, or their own preferences. You know what I call them? Unemployed. Your job is to make things work. If you can't someone else will be glad to take your place, it's really just that simple.

Your life will go much easier when you embrace all tech, and stop looking at it as some sort of sporting event.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]scannall[/nom]I've been in IT since before it was IT. Started in 1978 as a COBOL programmer/janitor. Lots of VMS experience from way back when as well. One thing that drives me crazy are IT people who aren't in love with technology. IT people who aren't OS/Company/Hardware agnostic.I have had a few working for me that 'refused' to work with the program. Since it didn't involve their favorites, or their own preferences. You know what I call them? Unemployed. Your job is to make things work. If you can't someone else will be glad to take your place, it's really just that simple.Your life will go much easier when you embrace all tech, and stop looking at it as some sort of sporting event.[/citation]

I see where you're comming from, but it's not possible to be knowledgeable and still stay agnostic. My preference doesn't have anything to do with what I favor, but simply with what is the best for a given purpose given a set of resources. And Apple's never on top of that game.
I work with any product and platform I have to, but I don't have to love them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.