samsung 960 evo data mitigation question

David_678

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Alienware R3 17

I copied my old slow liteon SSD to my evo 960 using samsungs data transfer tool and it kept on booting from the old one and wouldn't recognize the 960. Then i removed the old one and just put in the samsung and it booted from the samsung. Whenever i put in the old one it boots from the old one no matter which M2 port. I would like to use both, is their anyway I can keep it booting on the samsung even when the old one is in the computer?

thx

Solution
Formatting the older, LiteOn SSD would prevent the OS from booting up from the LiteOn drive and stay with the Samsung for each consecutive startup. On that note, it's always good practice to have the boot drive connected to the first port be it a SATA data port to the M.2 slots. From your post styling, the board you have has two M.2 slots so it'd be ideal to have your Samsung SSD powered off the primary M.2 slot.

I assume you're on Windows 10? If so then it's imperative that you have one Boot drive otherwise the OS can go belly up.

Lutfij

Splendid
Formatting the older, LiteOn SSD would prevent the OS from booting up from the LiteOn drive and stay with the Samsung for each consecutive startup. On that note, it's always good practice to have the boot drive connected to the first port be it a SATA data port to the M.2 slots. From your post styling, the board you have has two M.2 slots so it'd be ideal to have your Samsung SSD powered off the primary M.2 slot.

I assume you're on Windows 10? If so then it's imperative that you have one Boot drive otherwise the OS can go belly up.

Solution