Solved! Samsung and Yamaha Amp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2020
Hi All,
I’m going mad and hope someone can help me. I have a samsung UE75MU6100 thats connected via HDMI to a Yamaha HTR-2071 amp and suddenly the sound isnt coming out if the surround speakers. The HDMI cables work fine as I can connect my laptop to the hdmi and it shows on the TV but no luck with sound. The HDMI is plugged into the HDMI out on the back of the amp and usinf Audio1 (ive tried all inputs and all the connections on the back) - any help massively appreciated

Solution
  1. Did you check that the surround speakers work? Are they turned on in the AVR speaker set up menu and do you get sound when the speaker level test mode is turned on?
  2. Check the TV audio menu. The output should be set to bitstream or 5,1 to get surround sound.
  3. The content has to be in surround sound as well. Leave the AVR surround mode in Dolby rather than auto. Many receivers default to stereo rather than Dolby Prologic2 when you leave them in auto and they receiver a stereo signal.
  1. Did you check that the surround speakers work? Are they turned on in the AVR speaker set up menu and do you get sound when the speaker level test mode is turned on?
  2. Check the TV audio menu. The output should be set to bitstream or 5,1 to get surround sound.
  3. The content has to be in surround sound as well. Leave the AVR surround mode in Dolby rather than auto. Many receivers default to stereo rather than Dolby Prologic2 when you leave them in auto and they receiver a stereo signal.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.