Samsung Beats Nokia As Largest Smartphone Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I was planning to buy E7, when it was released in our country last April, but when I learned about the Symbian plan, I skipped. Bye Nokia, you were wonderful and amazing before.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
No wonder... Nokia hasn't made anything decent since N8, and even N8 was outdated when it came out, though it was a good phone. Now, with Galaxy S II, Samsung leaves no chance to Nokia. A pity.

P.S. Didn't we tell you, Nokia? Go Android! No, you just had be stubborn-proud and strike a deal with Microsoft... will all my respect for Windows, MS has no idea about phone/tablet OS, so enjoy the results of your failure.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]No wonder... Nokia hasn't made anything decent since N8, and even N8 was outdated when it came out, though it was a good phone. Now, with Galaxy S II, Samsung leaves no chance to Nokia. A pity. P.S. Didn't we tell you, Nokia? Go Android! No, you just had be stubborn-proud and strike a deal with Microsoft... will all my respect for Windows, MS has no idea about phone/tablet OS, so enjoy the results of your failure.[/citation]
Have you even tried a WP7 to begin with?

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]Have you even tried a WP7 to begin with?[/citation]
Who cares about WP7? People will buy this phone because it's Nokia not WP7.

Why buy a WP7 when there's android and iphone?
Convince me why it's better.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Nokia is going to be the #1 leader in Android Phones. Because it's Nokia.
If only they split the development, 1 for Android and 1 for Windows.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The sales are in a free fall *1

*1: only in the United States.

@bebangs
Why buy WP7? Because it won't have Google's ever-prying eyes, and you won't be in a walled garden of Jobs. Reasons enough for me.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
It is clear that Samsung will surpass Nokia, it is just a matter of time.
Nokia is too arrogant to accept Android and Nokia will now suffer the consequences.
WP7 alone can not save Nokia.
The best solution would be actually to develop both WP7 and Android.

It seems that the Nokia CEOs are OK with the free fall, I guess.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]Who cares about WP7? People will buy this phone because it's Nokia not WP7.Why buy a WP7 when there's android and iphone?Convince me why it's better.[/citation]
So that's a "no" then, you haven't tried WP7.
I don't need to convince you because you are too narrow minded to find out for yourself.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I have not tried a WP7 but they come to the party too late and they have not got any great reviews. Besides lack of apps. I would however be interested in W8 tablet if they make it good.

G

Android will start to decline after 2012, and be a no-contender in 2015. iOS will decline some. WP7 will gain marketshare steadily from early 2012, and with a faster pace after 2013. MeeGo will get to and stay at appr. 5%, but will start gaining after 2017.

And no, I won't lend you my time machine.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
You people really shouldn't bash WP7 without trying. Each patch MS Releases makes a substantial upgrade to the OS. Reviews have been largely positive. In one year, MS was able to offer WP7 features that took Apple several years to do. Anyways, the amount of Apps is always increasing. Give it additional time to gain traction and you'll see. I think it would be nice to have three solid phone OSs.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Becherovka[/nom]I have not tried a WP7 but they come to the party too late and they have not got any great reviews. Besides lack of apps[/citation]
Don't rely on reviews, you sound like a smart guy, try it for yourself instead.
And as far as less apps go there are less, but probably more useful ones, I meant for pete's sake does the iPhone really need 300 fart-apps?

servarus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Don't rely on reviews, you sound like a smart guy, try it for yourself instead.And as far as less apps go there are less, but probably more useful ones, I meant for pete's sake does the iPhone really need 300 fart-apps?[/citation]
There are quite a number of people who does have 100+ apps installed. My friend and his iPhone. Me and my Arc. 100+ apps. Like it or not, apps are one of the main factor people choose the OS.

Not forgetting the experience. Tried Mozart. But the experience, other than the square thing, is not that, well, heart racing. So-so. Waiting for an W7 update to try one later.

G

@back_by_demand why should any consumers bother trying it for themselves when android/apple already have what we need. Unless there's some aggressive marketing by microsoft or Nokia (and WP7 actually has a competetive UI) I can't see any reason for the majority of people to even bother! Android spread big time by word of mouth but I think theres so many people already set in their ways it's gonna take something massive to change anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.