Samsung Blu Ray, Yamaha receiver, Samsung tv

Jul 29, 2018
System works fine when the input device is cable box or Apple TV. When it’s any blu Ray device, however, I get a blank tv screen saying turn power on or check connection. I tried new blu Ray, new cables, different HDMI ports, made sure correct settings, still nothing. Very frustrating. If I move the cable box or Apple TV to the port that didn’t connect the blu Ray, then it works. Either the receiver or tv is not recognizing the blu Ray. I even rebooted the receiver. Any ideas?

Solution
Sounds like you tried two BD players and neither worked.
Could those be older ones with component video outputs? If so then the HDMI may not work if the component video has been turned on. Connect the BD player with component video, go to the player set up menu and turn on HDMI (which will shut down the component video).
The other possibility is that the BD player video resolution isn't compatible with the TV. Connect them to another TV and set the resolution to match the first TV. Then reconnect.
Sounds like you tried two BD players and neither worked.
Could those be older ones with component video outputs? If so then the HDMI may not work if the component video has been turned on. Connect the BD player with component video, go to the player set up menu and turn on HDMI (which will shut down the component video).
The other possibility is that the BD player video resolution isn't compatible with the TV. Connect them to another TV and set the resolution to match the first TV. Then reconnect.

Solution

robert600

Distinguished
Ok, BR player is fine.

Just to be clear ... you are trying to hook up BR player to receiver with hdmi cable and receiver to tv with hdmi cable?

If yes, check both cables by directly connecting BR player to TV ... both cables work?