samsung device memory damage

khalidahmed

Estimable
Jul 17, 2014
Samsung S3...my phone getting hang and i have take out my battery to reset back my phone.once ON the phone, there is warning message "Device Memory Damaged - the data partition has been corrupted.you need to reset your device to factory defaults.this will erase all your date. (reset device button)" and i really dont want my memorable photos to be erased. what shall i do?

SadieDickson

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
1. I usually reset the device and change another ROM. This problem may be due to app conflicts.
2. Connect your phone to computer, if you can view the files in your phone via "My Computer", then copy the photos out and reset the device.
3. If you can't copy the data out to your computer, you can just tap the reset device button. The wipe is not really deleted your data, you can still get the data back by data recovery tool. But you need to pay for it, about $50.

kk1000

Estimable
Aug 21, 2014
I hate doing hard resets, often flippantly suggested by support staff when they are too lazy, or unable to find a fix. They also frequently fail to mention to backup everything possible as everything will be wiped out.

TRY THIS BEFORE DOING THE HARD RESET: Power Off / Power On

When this error message popped up, I tried powering off and then on again as usual - everything was back to normal. This has happened several times lately, but it seems nothing is missing or unaccessible so far, but this message may indicate that there is a problem somewhere in the device and a major crash may happen soon.

Not sure if there is any connection, but since the last upgrade to 4.4.2 and/or Verizon update which replaced the nice blue/purple & lightshow Samsung splashscreen to a blindingly white, lingering one showcasing Verizonwireless, I've been having problems with my battery getting extremely hot whether it's being charged or not. Also delayed response to touch commands... The last Verizonwireless update replaced the blinding, ugly splashscreen with a garish lingering red one, but still having delayed response and hot battery/charging problems.

PattyJeanK

Estimable
Sep 13, 2014

PattyJeanK

Estimable
Sep 13, 2014
I freaked when I got this message. First instinct was to power off/on and back to normal or so it seems. Big wake-up call! Does backup assistant really have all my data? I've invested so much effort making my phone just right. Time to upgrade?

katdonn

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015

Hi - I get the same "Device Memory Damaged" message on my Samsung SM-G850A. I am unable to Reset Device - nothing happens. I have taken the battery out, phone comes back on very briefly and goes to "Device Memory" message. I have gone to AT&T and the Samsung store - they told me 'good luck' and to call the 800 number. I did - they had me take the battery out, still getting error message. Has anyone else been unable to "RESET DEVICE"? any thoughts??