Samsung Galaxy J1 doesn't recognize SD card after factory reset

Sep 23, 2018
I saved (exported) my contacts to sd card on my Samsung Galaxy J1. I did a factory reset and now the SD card is not recognized. Please help !

If you had the card set to be "Internal" storage rather than the standard "External" storage, then anything on it is inaccessible after a reset. There is no way to resolve that. When a SD card is set to be "Internal" storage it puts specific things on the phone itself. The cards data then is encoded. Then no other device, no device without that required connection, can read the SD card. So when you wipe a phone during a resent, you remove the connection. Basically making your phone a 'different device' now to the card. There is no way to fix that.

If you had the card set to be "Internal" storage rather than the standard "External" storage, then anything on it is inaccessible after a reset. There is no way to resolve that. When a SD card is set to be "Internal" storage it puts specific things on the phone itself. The cards data then is encoded. Then no other device, no device without that required connection, can read the SD card. So when you wipe a phone during a resent, you remove the connection. Basically making your phone a 'different device' now to the card. There is no way to fix that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Android Smartphones 0
realIk17 Android Smartphones 2
blootvoet Android Smartphones 0
Cassiehunt Android Smartphones 1
grebgonebad Android Smartphones 7
S Android Smartphones 0
AaronCruz Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 2
S Android Smartphones 0
AKLT Android Smartphones 4
bobbyurso Android Smartphones 1