Samsung Galaxy S3

britnight

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi all, so I read this article about Samsung Galaxy S3 (http://vr-zone.com/articles/samsung-denies-responsibility-for-galaxy-s3-screen-burn-in/16616.html) and how they will possibly have burn-ins, and according to the article, Samsung is unwilling to take responsibility for warranty replacement regarding burn-in issues. I heard OLED is the most advanced technology in display and all, but as far as I know they haven't really figured out how to solve the life span on blue which cause burn-ins.

This was a HUGE turn off for me to see Sammy being this irresponsible...what do you guys think about this?

polkadotpaperbag

Honorable
May 24, 2012
This burn-in issue really sucks. I thought Samsung would've fixed this by now, especially since it was a big problem with the amoled on the GS2. I was sooo planning on purchasing the Samsung OLED TV this year. Burn ins on a small screen is nowhere close to burnins on a 9000 euro 55" screen. Samsung better shape up fast or I might have to get the LG OLED TV

stackerman4690

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
This actually really bothers me because I've read an article pertaining to this, and Samsung said that if the screen does burn out, they are not responsible for this. There are lots of questions to be asked. Those burn-ins apply to all their AMOLED mobile devices and how long does it take for these burn-ins to apply. Samsung seems like they knew there was an issue with their burn-ins but decided to release the AMOLED technology, which is unprofessional. I expected more from Samsung being a worldwide electronics supplier. If there's a big issue such as burn-ins they should have fixed the issue before releasing their merchandize, or at least have a recall.

tilt360com

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Looks like Samsung did it again, but why did they make the same mistake? I am a big Samsung user but after seeing this news I lost all respect for Samsung. How can you trust a company that makes the same mistake

G

I don’t like when manufacturers act like that. They became this fat due to us and they act like that continuously. Toyota and Honda called back their defect vehicles, Blackberry replaced bricked phones with new ones why Samsung wouldn’t take responsibility for its phones? I see the burn-ins as hardware problem which should be solved by the manufacturer and that too, for free if the warranty period is not over.

alisha777

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I have S3 and it's a lovely screen. This is a worrying news. I never leave my phone screen on for long time - it turns itself off quiet often so I don't know how long you have to have it running to burn in.

adam11209

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
haha you guys are hilarious, stop worrying i had mine for a while now, and i had no problem, it rarely happens, and how long your screen on does not affect burn ins. ha ha i can just imagine that guy, *quick check email opens app turns off screen, then quickly checks one message, turns off turn on check one message* hahahahahaha

trueh3llrazor

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hi there, i am recieving an s3 tomoz hopefully, and have had friends with this problem but they say its not an issue if you set the display a bit lower and have its screen on a timer. but these problems are not exclusive to Samsung the problem is its an organic l.e.d and anything organic will die eventually, it even happens on modern plasmas and lcd tv's. if you leave a picture long enough it will burn in to the screen and take ages to recover, if at all. then youll notice dead pixels. i wouldnt worry about it just take care of your phone and if the screen does go then make something else go like "accidently let moisture in" ie leave in sauna or showerroom whilst you do it and claim on warranty. like said friends did. sorted.

chocostain

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
This scenario does not only apply to Samsung. All smartphones are bound to have burn ins sooner or later. It's just a matter of time.

If you own the company, do you think it's justifiable to give a warranty for these cases? This case varies per situation. The causes each time is different. Often times, it's the owners negligence that causes the phone to burn in. If you take good care of your unit, it will last for years.

If you will give a warranty for this, your company will most likely go bankrupt.

I have been a Samsung user for years and I have not experienced such.