samsung s3 logo screen

doty230

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I absolutely love my samsung galaxy s3, but while i was babysitting i went to turn it on and see what time it was. all i saw was the samsung galaxy startup logo, i took out the battery and tried vol, home, and power button but it wont go past the logo. I'm bringing it in to school for a friend to look at but I would really like to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Try removing the battery, waiting about a minute, then re-inserting it. After re-inserting it, plug it in to a PC USB port. It should boot to the recovery menu automatically. In the menu, select fastboot, then reboot.

If it doesn't boot the phone after selecting the reboot option, repeat the first part to get to the recovery menu again. This time find the option for factory reset - yes, unfortunately this will delete everything, but it should also fix the issue.

doty230

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

yeah i got my phone working last night.unfortunately i had to do the factory reset but i have backups for almost everything on my phone so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It just freaked me out it was just sitting there and then all of a sudden not working properly, i hope it doesn't happen again. thanks for your help.