Samsung Galaxy S6 black screen, pulsing blue light, no image displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander Isaac

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I have a samsung galaxy s6, I have dropped it lots of times, the screen is very cracked. But it always worked after it fell.
So I was in school, and pulled my phone out to check the time, and I see this pulsing blue light on the first sensor in the left side of the phone. I click on the power button and the phone does not turn on (just a black screen). I clicked on the home button to see if the digital buttons on the right and left of the home button would light up but they didn't. I remember remembering that the phone fell that day but I am not sure. So I leave the phone like that for some time, and the pulsing blue light stops. Then I charge the phone and instead of blue pulsing light there was the normal red light that you get when your charging your phone and it is on a low battery percentage. After some time of charging the light becomes green, and I really thought it was fixed, but I was wrong. I hold the power button and the light turns blue again, and it's still pulsing. It's exactly to blues, a dark blue and a light blue, one comes after another. I have not found help in my family, so I went to the internet and didn't find no help. Any help would be awesome.

From what you are telling me the phone is going to need a "Hard Reset" which will sadly wipe all the data on it, or it is gone and needs replacing. I know of no other options in such a case.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinstert the SD card.

Apologies, but I am trying to understand if it is just the screen is black, or it is not powering on at all. From the information you gave, it sounds like it is trying to turn on, but then gets stuck. No matter if you can see the screen or not. Or, is it just not giving any signs of life at all (no sounds etc)

If you get nothing at all, then you may need access to the battery to pull it out for a bit and put it back to see if then it will charge and work. If not, then you may well need a new battery. I know on some phones access to the battery is a pain, so be sure that the phone isn't under warranty still before you do anything. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer about the issue.

Sri_5_

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
This is happening to me, what did you do in the end?

Chloebaby04

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
My phone is perfectly in good condition but does this also randomly. Twice so far. I just hold the "down " volumn button and the on/off button down until it reboots. It does not do a hard factory reset and you do not lose everything. It just reset your phone.

John_800

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

Fantastic answer.....my S6 edge randomly did this today - thought it was installing an update....but rebooted it exactly as Chloebaby04 said and it works fine again. :)

joshw2525

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

hi I have the same problem. what i do i hold volume down for 7 seconds until the developer startup screen comes on. I then select "start normaly"

hobbobeautiful

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

hobbobeautiful

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
thank you soo much dear for your suggestion..i faced same issue blue light with black screen it completely took my breath .i did everythhing to my phone i watched videos on u tube and googled everything i played with volumes up and down buttons along with power button and home screen button etc like for 2 hours but just applied your remedy and trust me it worked it really worked and its so helpful remedy i tried to HARD RESET my phone as well but all in vain but your remedy was just awsome thank you .God bless you

gulbinasrok

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Sir/Ma'am, thank you so much. I created an account just to thank you. I was panicking since I've seen other people saying, that a wipe was needed, but it worked perfectly. You saved my day!

Feb 27, 2018

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.