Samsung HDTV (Model HG40NC678DF) Frequently Turning Off On It's Own

Mastermmm

Estimable
Oct 12, 2014
The TV will turn off on it's own, several times a day. When we try to turn it back on, either with the remote or manually with the tv button, neither work. The only solution is unplugging it from the wall and then plugging it back in (my idea of a hard reset). I don't know much about TV repairs, so the only assumption I could make would be one of the smaller capacitors had blown.

Any ideas?

Solution
I'm not entirely sure, but one of the most common problems I've encountered is the power supply going or blowing a capacitor(which makes sense given this problem). The easiest fix is to replace the whole power supply board. I believe all you have to do is remove the old one and plug the new psu supply board back in (no soldering involved).

Dan_97

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I'm not entirely sure, but one of the most common problems I've encountered is the power supply going or blowing a capacitor(which makes sense given this problem). The easiest fix is to replace the whole power supply board. I believe all you have to do is remove the old one and plug the new psu supply board back in (no soldering involved).

Solution