Samsung JU7100 + Yamaha 203

colenso

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
Hello,
I have a Samsung JU7100 and just got a Yamaha 203 sound bar to improve on its sound performance. I've connected the sound bar via optical cable to the TV's OneConnect Mini connection box and the subwoofer via Bluetooth. I also have a PS4 connected via HDMI to the TV's OneConnect Mini connection box.

Everything seems to have connected properly and I can hear sound coming from the sound bar. However, nothing is coming out of the subwoofer and I'm doubting whether I'm really getting 5.1 surround sound. Does anyone have any experience setting up something like this?

Many thanks!

Solution
How are you connecting to the Sub via Bluetooth. bluetooth is only for streaming music to the sound bar from a phone/tablet. the soundbar does not connect to the sub via bluetooth. You need to pair the sub to the soundbar by doing this:

Pairing the sound bar and subwoofer manually
1 With the sound bar turned on, hold down the SUBWOOFER PAIRING
key on the sound bar’s remote control for more than 3 seconds.
The SUBWOOFER indicator on the front panel of the sound bar flashes rapidly.
2 Within 30 seconds, push the SUBWOOFER PAIRING button on the
rear panel of the subwoofer for more than 3 seconds with a tapered
object such as a hairpin.
The STATUS indicator on the rear panel of the subwoofer flashes rapidly in green.
When pairing is...

Wiz33

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
How are you connecting to the Sub via Bluetooth. bluetooth is only for streaming music to the sound bar from a phone/tablet. the soundbar does not connect to the sub via bluetooth. You need to pair the sub to the soundbar by doing this:

Pairing the sound bar and subwoofer manually
1 With the sound bar turned on, hold down the SUBWOOFER PAIRING
key on the sound bar’s remote control for more than 3 seconds.
The SUBWOOFER indicator on the front panel of the sound bar flashes rapidly.
2 Within 30 seconds, push the SUBWOOFER PAIRING button on the
rear panel of the subwoofer for more than 3 seconds with a tapered
object such as a hairpin.
The STATUS indicator on the rear panel of the subwoofer flashes rapidly in green.
When pairing is complete and the sound bar and subwoofer are connected, the
SUBWOOFER indicator on the front panel of the sound bar lights up.
If the SUBWOOFER indicator on the sound bar does not light up even after
performing the above operation, see “Troubleshooting” (p.15).
HINT
• “Pairing” is the operation where the sound bar and subwoofer decide the device to connect to.

Solution