Samsung Laptop won't turn on, no screen, LED panel on.

SrlampardioX

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Laptop: samsung np-rv510-s01es
I tried some thoubleshooting steps without luck.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it backup.
- If it doesn't work, do try to test your AC adapter or try another charger that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Also do try to boot the laptop without its battery.
- Next is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that all RAM are seated properly into each slot.

I also have an Asus that do the same.
I'm a Laptop Destroyer?
I want to try to revive those Laptops.

SrlampardioX

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

I see 3 Leds: When I only connect the charger, I see the charger Led turn on, On orange when the battery is in and Green when the battery is out. When I "turn on" the Laptop, I see the blue LED on the power button, and I also see the power LED on the LEDS block, also the HDD load LED turns on but it turns off at 3 secons.

The ASUS Laptop do the same but, the CPU goes warm.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
OK, so both laptops have power but no display? Do you have any different chargers to test with or does the problem also persist if you start from the battery only? Do you recall anything in particular happening before these problems arose? Have you had electrical issues with your outlets, like flickering lights or such?

If it's a hardware fault in the laptops the motherboard is unfortunately high on the list of possibilities. If the laptops have more than one stick of RAM, try running with one at a time. If they have external video outputs (HDMI or VGA) try to start from an external monitor.

SrlampardioX

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

No electrical issues in my home/school/work.

Samsung:
It's not mine but my friend told me "Yesterday worked fine"

I didn't dissasembled it. Tried another RAM sticks, without battery, another charger, VGA plugged in another monitor.

Asus:
Was my School Laptop, The issue came in 3 days:
First day worked fine.
Second day I didnt use it, I just strolled it on a school trip without use. (I remember some soft hits on the laptop while it's inside his bag.)
Third day, on the school won't work.

I tried changing the RAM sticks, another charger, another battery, without battery, with VGA plugged in another monitor and I dissasembled it two times.

CPU goes warm and Fan spins after many minutes "working"

I know the hard drives are perfect, tried on my Desktop Computer and they're fine.