Lucarto_1

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Hello there!

I just installed the Samsung Magician software in order to get more performance out of my SSD. But i ran into a problem, when i try to enable RAPID Mode a error message comes up saying that the Windows Installer service failed to start and it wont enable RAPID Mode. I tried going into services and enabling the service manually but it still didnt work. So if theres any experienced Samsung Magician user that could might help me i would be grateful.

Thank you

ThomasLeong

Honorable
May 27, 2013

Sorry I am not using Magician myself, but for my clients when I build and tweaked their pcs for them, using the 850 Pro. They were all 4.9 versions. Latest seems to be 4.9.7. In all cases, I have not enabled Rapid mode since it is merely RAM cache, and I do not want background software running on those pcs since they are used for big screen live presentations with a specialized software.

In any case, there is nothing in this article about not being able start the service, but you could browse through anyway : http://www.techspot.com/review/709-samsung-840-evo-ssd/page2.html

Sorry can't help further, but if anything comes up, I shall revert.

ThomasLeong

Honorable
May 27, 2013

Depends what you use your pc for. In my cases, we use it to playback multiple layers of full hd videos, sometimes up to 6 layers of H264 simultaneously. In my tests, the Samsung 850 Pro has no problem with this. Not sure of the EVO. The 850 Pro is rated at 550MB/s without Rapid, and that's good enough for us in a lot of cases.

That article I pointed to should allow you to evaluate whether it is worth trying to fix the problem. Did the problem arise with an earlier version of Magician? Rollback?