Samsung Mass Producing 22'' Transparent LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]borisof007[/nom]I could see Apple using these in their window displays, it's pretty neat.[/citation]

Don't worry I am sure they will find a way to sue it out of them. Seems to be the favorite past time of these companies.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]liquidchild[/nom]that would be sweet...too bad its 4/1 instead of 4/2[/citation]
Makes sense... after all, they're more concerned about looking flashy and trendy than actually developing a well-working product.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Makes sense... after all, they're more concerned about looking flashy and trendy than actually developing a well-working product.[/citation]
I fail.. I totally meant to quote:
[citation][nom]borisof007[/nom]I could see Apple using these in their window displays, it's pretty neat.[/citation]
instead...

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]could be a friendly, and economic e-ink alternative.[/citation]
isn't e-ink quite cheap and friendly? as it uses reflected light.

G

SEOUL, Korea – March 31, 2011 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced today that it began mass production of the 22-inch transparent LCD panel in March this year.
Read the linked release form Samsung, this is real.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Makes sense... after all, they're more concerned about looking flashy and trendy than actually developing a well-working product. [/citation]

Yet another comment from someone who has more than likely never used anything outside of the IPod.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I second that for the windshield of the car and how long before we get 30 inch 2560x1600 versions of this, why such a low resolution :-(

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
So how do these transparent displays work anyways? This article makes them sound like total worthless crap because it implies that the transparent monitors have no backlight of any kind. Does this mean I can't use the monitor in a completely dark room when I'm trying to watch a movie?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i just want to point this out. who in the hell would use a transparent display in their main tv, or pc monitor?

i want to see deeper blacks, whiter whites, and faster response times. will this give them to me... i am doubting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.