Samsung: More Than 1 Million Galaxy Notes Shipped Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
larger tablets don't have stylus, but a smaller galaxy note has a stylus with it. it is weird to me. to Asians a 5.3" phone is too large, the thumb can't even reach the other edge of the phone, to westerners it might be different.

G

5.3".. the perfect size, if uselessness is what you're aiming at.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Guy at work has one he brought in from Asia. When he's holding it like a tablet, the large screen looks great. When he raises it up to make a phone call he looks like a dork.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]fart dingler[/nom]5.3".. the perfect size, if uselessness is what you're aiming at.[/citation]

I'd have to try it out in person to be sure but judging from the videos I've seen, a person of my tall stature would benefit from a phone this size and I'm fairly sure it would comfortably fit in my pocket. I'm sure it's not great for everyone but for me it's probably spot on or close to it. I have to admit though as ericburnby mentioned, I'm sure it does make you look stupid holding it up as a phone, reminds me of those giant button remote controls.

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
I have actually tried the device for an hour or so(my bro in law got one here in India). I would say that unless you are a die hard samsung hater , you would find use for this device.
you cant work on a full tablet while on the road(even the 7 in. ones.) and sometimes even the huge sensation screen feels small while writing, or taking small notes(like pinups )
this is the niche that Sam Note will fill in. I definitely see it being used in the sales divisions of various companies(on road sales man.) but this is priced higher then i would like. it should have been priced atleast $100 less.(its freely available for around $600. but you can even find a steal for $550) it would have been more rightly placed at $450 - $500.

dfusco

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]Finally, a device that competes with the iPod Touch, smart move from Samsung.[/citation]

That would be the Samsung Player in 4" and 5".

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
1 Million shipped in two months. That must be some kind of record for an Android tablet. No wait Samsung already had that record with the first Galaxy Tab when the shipped a couple million in the same time. Of course they only sold a few hundred thousand of those to customers in the end.

Combine this Note with the two PMP players and they will probably sell as many devices in the first year to match the iPod Touch's monthly numbers.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i'm impressed at how Samsung is aggressively pursuing the tablet and smartphone markets. A goliath moving at david's speed would be a worthy adversary to any competitor out there.

ranger82

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
After using the Galaxy Nexus, and getting my kids the Galaxy Player 5.0, I would love the Galaxy Note. I was a long time stylus user before the Galaxy Nexus. There are some things a fat finger just can't do well, especially for the detail oriented crowd. Why this has turned into something taboo is beyond me. If a stylus option is there alongside touch, why would that be a bad thing?

I went from a 3.5 inch screen to a 4.65 720P screen. I wouldn't go back. But, after setting up and playing around with the Galaxy Player 5.0, I was surprised how much I missed the bigger screen, even going back to the Galaxy Nexus screen. What I didn't miss, was the inferior screen resolution on the Player 5, not that it was a terrible experience to begin with.

If Verizon would have had any rumors of the Galaxy Note, I would have waited even more months to upgrade (I'd already waited 11 months after completing my 2 year contract to get the Galaxy Nexus) to the Note.

While I am very happy with the Galaxy Nexus, shortcomings and all, The Note was my dream device. It still is. Throw on ICS and it only gets better. I hope by the time I can upgrade without being penalized, the Note will come to Verizon on LTE - or an equivalent upgrade!

G

I bought the Galaxy Note in Singapore for S$800 (about US$617) but an export set i.e no warranty. So far I love this cellphone. Although big it is still able to go into a jeans pocket (but deeper pockets are more comfortable). In Singapore it was already selling very well considering the phone's size. I guess many men find the phone gorgeous screen appealing. Women may like it too but will find the phone too big for their dainty hands.

The large screen makes reading a lot easier and the stylus is responsive too i.e. no lag, In Bangkok there is a booth that's promoting the Note and there is an artiste who will sketch your portrait on the Note using the aforementioned stylus.

And if you feel self-conscious about putting a large cellphone on your ear, well, buy a hands-free set from Jabra, Jawbone or the like. You have to experience the Note before you make your decision.

G

I have it and I love it! The screen is best out there and the phone feels snappy. Because it is slim, it fits to pocket fine. As a European 6' tall guy I dont find it too large to hold in my hand either. My only complain is that the BACK and MENU buttons stop working once or twice a week and I need to reboot to get them work again. Seems like a common problem with Samsung Galaxy phones. Hopefully Ice Cream Sandwich update that is expected in 1Q2012 will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.