Solved! Samsung Note 10.1 Boot Loop

Mar 29, 2019
Will not go to "Recovery" mode only Power and Volume "Down" work, which takes me to Odin Mode. Left it all night, nothing. Let the battery drain, and same thing happens...
8 months ago this happened and I was able to "Recover" although lost all date still had a working tablet.
Now the only option I get is Odin Mode. Any ideas how I can get "TO" the recovery mode?

Solution
If you can't get it to use the volume up button, then there may well be something wrong with the button. If that is the case, the only way to resolve the problem will be to get the button working again.

Now if the volume up button is working, then there is something else going on here.

Have you tried going into "Safe Mode"?

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode...
If you can't get it to use the volume up button, then there may well be something wrong with the button. If that is the case, the only way to resolve the problem will be to get the button working again.

Now if the volume up button is working, then there is something else going on here.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If you can actually get into "Safe Mode", then you likely have something on the tablet that is interfering. Virus, malware, bad app, etc., that will need to be removed.

Solution
Mar 29, 2019

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If you can actually get into "Safe Mode", then you likely have something on the tablet that is interfering. Virus, malware, bad app, etc., that will need to be removed.

Thank you for your respond. :) It looks like the volume up button is not working. :-(

Geek squad said that the tablet is so old (6 years) that they don't have any replacement parts for it. I did purchase a NEW Samsung Tab S4 (NOT from Best Buy) which I like... but I would like to get the button fixed and reset the old tablet as a back-up. Thinking of taking it to my phone carrier (where I purchased the tablet) and see if they can fix it... any ideas, for repair, if they won't do it?