samsung note 10 not turning off

Deeeeeeee

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Please help!
My Samsung note/tablet 10 is frozen and won't turn off even whilst holding the off/volume down button. It just keeps coming back on and still frozen. Sometimes a prompt comes on asking if I want to restart or turn off, on selection it freezes again and I get a message staying that data process is not responding.

It sounds like an app you have may be keeping it on, or you may have a stuck button.

Did you recently install any new apps, just before the problem started?

Also, check your buttons to make sure there is no dust, food, etc., in them keeping them from moving correctly.

If none of that works, to turn it off, try removing the battery for a few minutes and then put it back in. When you have it back in, see if the device "stays off".

If it doesn't turn back on, on it's own, as it has been, then start the device in "Safe Mode" to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it is most likely an app or app update that is your problem. I would then suggest uninstalling anything newly installed or recently updated.

If it does persist, then you may need to do a "Hard Reset" of the device. But I would really save that as a last resort, as it will wipe data.

Deeeeeeee

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016