Samsung: Our 3D Blu-ray Player Does Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I could see the 3d revolution causing mass misunderstandings to to lack of education about exactly "how" the products work. To clarify, i work in a pawnshop, and we get a lot of people in our shop who ask about 3d tv's and technology- (which we haven't had yet but a lot of people ask about). A lot of people think that if you buy a 3d tv, or a 3d player, the polarized glasses you get from the theater are going to work with them. Lot of confusion in that area. Some think just buying a 3d blueray player, or the ps3 will work with a standard tv if they bring the 3d glasses home from the theater. I try to explain that if you buy a circular polarized 3d television they will work, but most are stereoscopic and you have to buy the special glasses.

I really think this is something that is going to slow the integration of 3d into society.

It reminds me of the confusion everyone had about t.v. over the air going digital and the need to use digital converter box's.

G

I think some of the problem is there are a good number of people that wanted 3d to fail because they don't like it, and that comes across very clear from the very heated comments I have seen on news articles over the last few years. If there is any negative issues concerning 3d that can some how taint it they latch onto it very fast, and many times it will be something not true. This probably played some part in this compatibility issue. A kind of "we knew this 3d thing for home was going to be a disaster". Really it is more of a "we hope and want this home 3d thing to be a disaster." Checking the facts was not so much a priority.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I will not fall over myself to get 3D tv, player, etc. I think this technology will advance the gaming industry but for watching movies at home it will be slow to gain mass appeal because all the equipment bought as little as 2 months ago will not work for them and the movies will be slim pickings for some time to come.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Do I still need to wear the cardboard glasses with the red and green cellophane lenses?[/citation]
I guess all the mainstream tech is based on synced shutter glasses (and 120Hz refresh monitor/TV).

G

I have a Panasonic Viera TXP42G10B and am considering buying this blu ray player. I have a few questions about the product first. If I
have an ordinary 1080p tv will it be able to play 3d content? Does this 3d blu ray player play ordinary dvds and blu rays? Will i need to have a pair of glasses to view the 3d content?

Status
Not open for further replies.