samsung plasma - no picture

jrobie79

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
I think i posted my first thread in the wrong forum, so i apologize for starting a new thread

my aunt has a samsung PN59D8000 that she is getting rid of, and I was going to pick it up because well its free and the problem sounds like it might just be a simple fix.

I have a panasonic plasma display that I had to replace the main board with the HDMI inputs in, so I'm not unfamiliar with replacing boards.

The problem on this Samsung TV she describes as: worked great and had an amazing picture for 2 years, few months ago we turned it on and got a few white dots quickly flashing on the screen and then nothing, just black

any ideas? should I pass?

jrobie79

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
yeah she said the red light still goes on, I know when I connected one of the boards wrong on my panasonic half the screen didn't display, i fixed the ribbon connector and it worked fine, hoping this was the case and I can just pick up a new board on ebay or something

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
You may be onto something then so long as it still has power delivery. Seems pretty odd that a two year old TV would crap out already. I've got a 50" Panasonic plasma that's now going on 6 years old and it runs like brand new.

If your board solution doesn't work... it may be cheaper to just scrap it and get a new one seeing as having a repair shop fix it may end up being even more costly. If you got it free, however... I can understand your desire to want to try and fix it.

jrobie79

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
yeah my panasonic is on its 3rd main board (HDMI, component inputs, etc) since I bought it new in 2012....I guess itw as a common occurence for the comcast box I had to fry the HDMI ports, so I went about and changed it twice already, other than that zero problems