Samsung R580 Laptop will not power back up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fine69

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Hello,
riddle me this... this laptop will not turn back on I mean the battery is charged the AC power works its Win 7 I5 machine. power comes on but no screen or hard drive. Wife was using it last night closed the lid got up this morning to wake it up and it will not wake. Ive removed the battery a/c power let it set for a very long time then put battery back in added A/C still nothing. I'm lost im usually good at these things. Please help she is freaking out.

Solution
that is a dead motherboard i think. if you are critically after the data in that hard drive, may i suggest you buy an external sata drive docking station. its very cheap and insert your samsung hdd on it and transfer it to your desktop for the meantime.that would be much faster and easier to do, just remove the hdd from the laptop.

tonitelaoag

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
that is a dead motherboard i think. if you are critically after the data in that hard drive, may i suggest you buy an external sata drive docking station. its very cheap and insert your samsung hdd on it and transfer it to your desktop for the meantime.that would be much faster and easier to do, just remove the hdd from the laptop.

Solution

madviceg

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
From Nassau, Bahamas my Laptop S/N:HKGX93HBC00118 NP-RV515-A02US RV515-AO2US has a boot problem the system powers up and only one light appears which is the power light no HDD or Wi Fi light shows in fact only the CD rom make a sound has it is powered up, my diagnostic is that the Mother Board is not working and all other devices are fine..Should I send it back to your company for repair or can it be repair local my email address usher125@hotmail.com or fosterlovev@gmail.com