Solved! Samsung S8 pair to Honda Crv phonebook help.

Srfoot

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2013
Hi;
I have set up my S8 to my Honda 2018 crv and the phone book that was downloaded from my phone is too large.

I have set up a new g-mail account with only 20 contacts in its contact list.

On my phone, I have set the contact icon/folder to my new g-mail account and the 20 contacts show in it.

But, when I sync my phone to the car, it is downloading all of my contacts which I don't want.

How do I get my phone and car to sync and only download the 20 contacts that I want in the car?

Somehow not have it d/l all it is getting somehow from my phone.

Thank you for the hopeful help.

Solution
The vehicle will normally get the contacts from the phone's main contacts list. Which would be the main account associated with the phone. Or it will take them directly from the phone.

So a secondary one will not help you at all. Now, if you were to save all your contacts to a secondary account, and then save only the limited ones to the main account, this may (may) resolve the issue. However, since the contacts are all on your phone, then it still make take the full list.

Even if you changed it and backed up the full list elsewhere and changed your main one on gmail to the short list and put the short list on the phone and synced it to the vehicle. Once you put the full list back on the phone and account again, it would then sync...
The vehicle will normally get the contacts from the phone's main contacts list. Which would be the main account associated with the phone. Or it will take them directly from the phone.

So a secondary one will not help you at all. Now, if you were to save all your contacts to a secondary account, and then save only the limited ones to the main account, this may (may) resolve the issue. However, since the contacts are all on your phone, then it still make take the full list.

Even if you changed it and backed up the full list elsewhere and changed your main one on gmail to the short list and put the short list on the phone and synced it to the vehicle. Once you put the full list back on the phone and account again, it would then sync that one to the vehicle, unless you turned off the vehicle sync after the initial connection.

Solution

Srfoot

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2013
Thank you for your answer.
No perfect and simple solution.
Too bad one can not point the cars download of contacts to a specific list only.

TRENDING THREADS