Samsung Says that There Will be a 7.85-inch iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]I understand Samsung makes a lot of money from this, but after Apple suing them, I'd personally tell Apple to piss off. It's not impossible, but it's incredibly difficult to find another supplier that can keep up with that quantity of panels, let alone the quality from Samsung.[/citation]

It's harder for Samsung to find another customer who can buy at the level Apple can than it is for Apple to find another manufacturer. Apple has already diversified its supply base after the legal cases, just in case.

It would hurt Samsung more than Apple if they moved away from supplying.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]It's harder for Samsung to find another customer who can buy at the level Apple can than it is for Apple to find another manufacturer. Apple has already diversified its supply base after the legal cases, just in case.It would hurt Samsung more than Apple if they moved away from supplying.[/citation]

You seem to be forgetting that samsung also sells tablets. Not to mention that apple is not the only bulk customer that they have. Even sony lcd tv is buying from samsung.

If apple have another supplier, i doubt that they will not change supplier. Remember, apple is just iphone and Ipad. Samsung is everything from your air-conditioner to washing machine, refrigerator, TV and yes smart phones and tablets. You don't scare company that big just because you wont buy some parts.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]divhon[/nom]best espionage tactic, SLEEP WITH THE ENEMY[/citation]

Just like politics, in business there is no permanent friends nor enemies... just permanent interest.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]It's harder for Samsung to find another customer who can buy at the level Apple can than it is for Apple to find another manufacturer. Apple has already diversified its supply base after the legal cases, just in case.It would hurt Samsung more than Apple if they moved away from supplying.[/citation]
If Apple can find equivalent cheap China product at the same quality, do you think they're still engaging Samsung for billion dollar contracts when Samsung is also their No. 1 competitor in the phone and tablet business?? It's a two way thing, Both companies benefit from these deals. Samsung has ample production output at consistent quality level enough for Samsung and everyone else. Apple can't find a better quality and production control parts elsewhere.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Smart move. Samsung might as well say
"Do you hate us? Don't buy the fruit, then. If you really want the fruit, pay us up, too"
They're so big, you can hardly buy anything without buying from them, too.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... imagine iPad mini for the lately by apple announced education initiative? ... a maybe 8' tablet with the resolution of the original iPad, to easyer to develop too... put a dualcore in it from iPhone 4s... price it about 199$ for 16Gb and 299$ 32Gb... and apple haz a winner...[/citation]

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Hmmm... Mr. Jobs didn't want the smaller iPad but for Samsung’s sake I hope this doesn't bite them. However, I don't mind if Apple accidently alienates their followers. I mean customers. I'm going to have those Apple stickers tested for LSD because it just isn't only in Kool-Aid anymore.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Why did everyone vote this guy down? He is observing an unfortunate fact, not celebrating Apple. What he says is right. What we need is for samsung to pump more into R&D and "with hold" cutting-edge tech from Apple, for example super AMOLED and other stuff that Apple need but can't get anywhere else.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]I understand Samsung makes a lot of money from this, but after Apple suing them, I'd personally tell Apple to piss off. It's not impossible, but it's incredibly difficult to find another supplier that can keep up with that quantity of panels, let alone the quality from Samsung.[/citation]
That's why you are a troll and not CEO of a major corporation.

In today's world, if a company isn't pushing the boundry of what's legal and what's not, they aren't doing everything possible to make a buck. Companies push each other. Suing is just a tool for the industries to police themselves.

After all, it's not personal... It's just business.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]You seem to be forgetting that samsung also sells tablets. Not to mention that apple is not the only bulk customer that they have. Even sony lcd tv is buying from samsung. If apple have another supplier, i doubt that they will not change supplier. Remember, apple is just iphone and Ipad. Samsung is everything from your air-conditioner to washing machine, refrigerator, TV and yes smart phones and tablets. You don't scare company that big just because you wont buy some parts.[/citation]

You may not "scare" them but you sure make them think twice when the loss of business is measured in tens of BILLIONS of dollars.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm beginning to think that Samsung and Apple have slept in the same bed since the begninning, and that the back-and-forth legal battles are merely a ruse to give us the impression of competition.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]You seem to be forgetting that samsung also sells tablets. Not to mention that apple is not the only bulk customer that they have. Even sony lcd tv is buying from samsung. If apple have another supplier, i doubt that they will not change supplier. Remember, apple is just iphone and Ipad. Samsung is everything from your air-conditioner to washing machine, refrigerator, TV and yes smart phones and tablets. You don't scare company that big just because you wont buy some parts.[/citation]

Does not matter that Samsung sells all those things. Apple buy's in large volume. If you look at how many iDevices are being sold and then to suddenly loose that business it would be painful. Apple is supposed to spending over 11 billion with Samsung in 2012. They spent around 7.8 billion last year. Not only is this a good chunk of business but it is reoccurring which is the best business to have.

You have to take care of the business. Business people make it a point to separate their emotions from business. That is why you see all the time two companies going to battle on one front but do a ton of business together on the other front. Loosing an account like Apple would probably cause a stock hit. There would have to be something catastrophic from a business perspective for either company to want to make such a significant call to part ways. At the end of the day, neither one likes a bad financial statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.