Samsung Smart TV Network Connection Issue UN60ES8000

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyst3

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding many threads on this site and across the internet regarding network connection issues with Samsung tvs. Unfortunately, I've only found one site which actually discusses the issue I'm having but no solution was found (http://www.experthelp.com/question/726072/have-a-samsung-un60es8000-cannot-get-on-internet-as-soon-as-the-network-come-up-the-tv-rejects-or-get-rid-of-it-the-signal-is-very-strong-just-had-a-commericialwireless-point-installed). The rest of the threads and sites pertain to issues that I'm not experience. So, here is my description of the issue I'm experiencing and I apologize for not using correct language.

I have a Samsung UN60ES8000 that will no longer connect to wireless router. I discovered this by trying to get on Netflix or other app and it gave me network connection error with option to go to network settings. I've had the tv almost 2yrs and has always connected to the same router, which is operating fine and other devices in the house are connected to it without issues. When I go thru Network Settings to re-set up the wireless network, it will search for networks and will only display my network (none of the other wifi networks nearby like it used to) for about 1 second and then the entire menu disappears. 2days ago I called Samsung support who confirmed my firmware is the latest version (version 001056), they had me try manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 but this did not solve anything as many other threads have said this resolves connection issues. Also, before calling Samsung, I tried to mirror the tv IP settings to reflect those of my laptop or other devices which connect to my wireless network just fine, but this did not work either. Finally, they wanted to try resetting the tv back to factory settings. After doing this and going thru the initial tv setup questions, the tv seemed to find and connect to my network again (don't recall seeing any of the nearby networks on the list though). I was so happy to finally have it fixed! But, the following morning I tried getting on smart hub to listen to Pandora and once again the network connection issue was back. Sure enough it was not connecting, when going thru the network setup it would only display my router (none of the nearby networks) for 1 second (maybe even less) and the entire menu would disappear or close. I tried same steps (manually enter dns and reset tv again), but the network connection failed to show my network after the reset. Also a note on the reset, I noticed the TV says this option will reset the tv to factory settings but network settings will not be affected. Since the network is the issue I'm having, is there a reset option that does reset network connections/settings? I repeated all the steps that Samsung had me do the night before at least a couple times, but still no luck. I don't understand how to get resolved if I have latest version of firmware. I tried downloading the firmware to usb anyways, just to reinstall in case it was corrupt on the tv, but Samsung's website does not have the newest version available for download. They only have version 1054.4 and when I spoke to Samsung two days ago, they said my version (version 1056) is the latest version. I tried downloading the older version (1054.4) anyways at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES8000FXZA (thinking it would just update to the newest version later), but when I tried updating on the tv, it said no update files could be found on the usb device. This might be a whole other issue and maybe some different attempts may work but I'd rather just try posting online where so many have provided feedback/solutions to similar issues. I don't know why the reset would solve the problem one day, then the next morning it was back to not working and resetting the tv again does not fix the problem like it did the day before.

Just to reiterate the problem and steps I've taken so far - Problem: Won't connect to wifi, network settings menu on tv disappears immediately after searching for networks. Firmware version is 1056, tried manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (neither worked), then reset tv to factory settings. The reset solved the issue, but was back to not working the following day and no longer works when I try resetting again.

Conniedlr

Estimable
May 17, 2015
I have a Samsung tv and had the same problem (Logged onto network but unable to connect to the internet)so I contacted my Internet service provider who walked me through the steps. I was told by the Internet service rep that Samsung has done updates. You have to go to Network settings (Using your Samsung TV remote) and go to IP address then press on "Enter DNS Manually" On the next box below you should be able to enter a four digit number in the box which is 4221 and click save. After that I was successfully able to connect to the internet. If you are still unable to access the internet, contact your internet service provider.

Chantalize

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I am very confused. Too many "solutions" here! I reset my ES6100 to factory per stupid Samsung live chat. Now, I need firmware and STILL no internet. DNS manual disappears when I try to punch in any number at all. My husband thinks they set the TV to fail after the warranty. I do not want to buy additional gear to fix this. This seems to be Samsung's responsibility, and I'm appalled at the number of complaints and all the time/money you fine people have invested. I hope Samsung is paying attention. This does not make them look good. So, no internet, no Netflix. Maybe Netflix can get them to do something if everyone with this problem cancels.

runningtall11

Estimable
May 26, 2015
Changing the DSN to 8.8.8.8 worked. I read dozens of ideas on different forums and did not attempt any of them until this solution popped up. I was connecting to wireless router and network but not the Internet. This worked immediately. I went into Network settings, changed the DSN from auto to manual and easily typed in the new code. Immediately after entering the new code, a message popped up stating the Internet was successfully connected. I clicked on my Netflix App and all is working.

desyati

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Hello, I have a 4K UE65HU8280TXZG Smart tv. I got frequently " Network cable disconnected" message. The TV is wired. I have the latest firmware , but no luck. Sometimes the message pops up , then dissapear, but somtimest it drops the current video, and go back to source selecting screen, where my NAS is available. Any idea ?

prince_ahmed

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
i have the solution for wifi smart tv that it disconnect
1- shutdown ur tv
2-then press quickly bottom info then menu then mute then power on
list will open
3- enter control then sub option then
WIFI REGION MAKE IT (A)
4- make power off then on and try Ur wireless

oneframe

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
None of these 4 pages of suggestions worked for me to date. Changing DNS. Factory reset. Changing WiFi Region, Wired Ethernet, etc.

Thanks for firmware update 1057 it not only has disabled my ability to connect to the internet, it began rebooting the TV randomly every now and then which is VERY annoying.

This is my first and last Samsung TV. My 7 year Sony XBR has served me best to this day. It's back to Sony for me from now on.

avionics86

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
Samsung UN60ES8000FXZA would not connect to the internet and would turn on and off a few times. Long story short: I replaced the WI-FI module located on the lower left corner of the TV set. Remove the metal cover on the back then remove the larger plastic outer cover and the WI-FI module is on the left side, the bluetooth module is on the right side. Part number is on the module. Bought a used one for $45 Shipped at Shopjimmy.com. Problem solved.

Nodummy

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015

Buy a new wifi card and install it. Be sure to get the one for your model tv. They are very small (1.25x1.25) in.

There are 3 types for the samsung. You can buy direct from samsung parts for 80 bucks or look on ebay for less than half that.

gmctec

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
This is a hack attack. Your TV has been compromised, and they (the hackers) are trying to get your router password. They get through the router to your TV because they have hacked Samsung servers and go straight to your TV, then place a gateway on your TV. You give them your network password to get to your router, then they are in, even after you have updated your firmware on the TV (hack is gone, but they now can get into your router/network).

dgetschow

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
I was having this same issue over the last month. There must be some caching issue with the network settings. I was tinkering with the settings and this is what I did to correct the issue. POSSIBLE FIX: On the Smart Hub screen, click on the 'source' icon. Now hit your red "A" button on the remote to "Refresh" your sources. Now go back to the smart hub and try going into Netflix or YouTube. You should be connected. Worked for me!

jorcon

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015
Hi All-

Update 1057 disabled the "locate networks" function. 4 separate calls in to Samsung reveal they are unable to identify the problem -, no less find the cause then a stand alone solution. The solutions offered at tier 1 assume that the network can be located but not connected to. One rep asked me to reset all my network ports, change the network name and password. another told me to rewire the house to allow for a wired connection to the modem. I expected to be told to adjust the temp on the fridge next. Very frustrating... I pointed out to the last "supervisor" that there is a documented problem here, her reply : there is no problem, you need to pay to have your TV serviced.

while fiddling with the settings, i noticed that the setting options were different from one source to another. Some sources have settings that are "greyed out" that when clicked on indicate that the function isnt available. I found a source that had all settings available, but cant recall which one it was. I clicked Soft A/P on, then initiated the wireless sequence. A slightly different screen appeared, the available networks briefly flashed, then the screen returned to the previous menu options.

I then checked the source menu, and found that i now had access to the network computers and server. A check of the IP data then indicated the connection had been made.

I cannot be sure that this actually was the solution, but I now have a smart TV again.

DAVIDMD567

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015
I'm having the same issues with my EN55ES6100. Wifi connection worked fine for 2 years and just recently will not connect. All other devices at home work fine. Tried factory reset to no avail. TV will go online with cable connection but not Wifi. Can't use wired connection full time though as modem is in next room. Could sure use some help!

Ramirezmathew

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

I have the same problems there seem to be no fix to this issue from Samsung it all started with an update. However with that being said there is a workaround u could do every time you want to use it. Go to network settings....... If u are seeing the AP setting highlighted turn it on ( if its on turn it off) then go back to search for wireless network and it will work. Only problem you have to do this every time u want to use the WiFi. If the AP is not hoghlited u have to turn the TV on and off until it is.

NetSam2K

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
I found this solution on cNet which helped me with my tv wifi issue, i have a samsung UN55ES8000 TV

Problems: Ue65es8000
wifi search network and after that suddenly skip out ....
no connect to wifi
just connect to first wifi that i config at the first time
in secret menu: sometimes i saw wifi MAC and sometime it show fail massage

solution :
turn tv off mode
push info > menu > mute > power ( it is secret or service menu ) >>>> on my tv i had to press Mute>1>8>2>power to enter service mode
be careful, don't change others things
go to: Control > sub option and change "wifi region" and chose A
go back
go to: SVC > SVC reset

now your tv will be restart again and ask you to config it

I hope it work for you too
Please report you test here

NetSam2K

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
Unfortunately that's all I had to do to get my wifi to work on my tv, it never stopped working for me after following those steps, maybe if you don't have the same UN**ES8000? Series TV? Also I have the newest firmware installed on my tv, also forgot to mention but I also did a reset on my Smart Hub after I did those steps, to do so open smart hub for you tv> the hit the tools button on the remote and then do a smart hub rest (will delete all apps and widgets you have install and you will need to re log in to Samsung account if you have one)

Maybe that's why mine never stopped working?

hounddog66

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015

Yes! I have a UN46C7100 and a UN32EH5300 and both power off and then back on randomly!

Status
Not open for further replies.