Samsung smart TV series 6 won't connect to t he Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Changed my router ten days ago from Home Hub 3 to ASUS RT N66U, and all devices successfully connected to the Internet including TV. Tonight the TV suddenly could not connect out to the Internet; nothing wrong with the wireless link, as tried Ethernet cable as well, and still no internet access. Have done factory reset of TV but to no avail. I suspect it is a setting in the router (though I cannot think why tv has worked OK for ten days then stopped). Any advice on what to check and what to change in the router? Thanks David

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Hi popatim and thanks. The TV connects fine to my own router and could connect to other routers in neighbours houses. The problem is not the wireless link to the router; it is getting through the router to the Internet. David

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have now checked with my second Samsung smart TV, and the internet connection has failed on this one - exactly same symptoms, in that the wifi connection to the router is fine, it wont get out to the internet. Reading other threads it seems to be a very recent firmware or software auto-update which has knocked out the internet connection. So it is nothing to do with the router. I am hoping that Samsung will issue a new update as they cannot be unaware that there is a massive problem with this.

hamahmad

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I have been facing the same issue since yesterday (Feb 24, 2015), I have not change my router nor my internet setting!!
it seams like nothing wrong with our Smart TV, it could be an issue with Samsung back-end systems or issue with the local internet provider. currently i am connected to "du" and facing the issue on both broadband and mobile internet connections.

Christine59

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Had my smart tv for some time. Smart hub stopped working 24/02/15. Connected to router but not the Internet. Rang Ntl who have told me no issues their end. Tried resetting, unplugging, the lot. Still nothing. I have emailed samsung support, when I get an answer will forward this on. I was able to access web browser, 5 demand, itv player through the tv though, it just seems to be samsung apps, bbc I player.

timmypaddins

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Body typical. Just bought a wireless keyboard and mouse for my Samsung (which is wired into my router, and I get this problem too.

Please post solution to problem when available.

Cheers

Padster

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
By the end of February, all had become clear, checking on other websites (though Samsing never to my knowledge properly confessed the problem). There were no problems with millioons of Samsung users round the world. The problem was entirely because of a software change in Samsung's own central servers whic messed up a whole class of smart TVs all over the world. Do you know why? Because every smart TV, when it connects to the internet, always 'calls home' - ie to Samsung servers - as a way of checking that its internet connection is working. You would have thought that was not necessary, and to check that my internet linkwas working, surely that is correct. But I think it is because Samsung choose to monitor exactly how we are all using our Smart TV functionality.... Anyway, the flawed software upgrade in their central servers meant that when all our Smat TV's 'called home', they were given a faulty message. And that triggered a report in our own TVs that the internet connection was not working, and so it prevented the Smart functionality working. It did not in fact mean that the internet connection wasnt working, which is why lots of us managed to get firmware upgrades in the middle of all this.

Now these faults can happen. My severe criticism of Samsung is that they didnt come out clearly and explain all this, and admit the problem. That has totally damaged their reputation in my eyes, and no doubt smiliarly for millions of other users world wide. I will not be buying a Samsung TV in the future. Poor show, Samsung. You managed to turn a technical failure into a real disaster for your reputation.

David Quarmby

thebodgher

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
David.
You are right on about this issue.
It seems Samsung never owns up to a problem.
I have a dishwasher that failed 1 week after warranty. No help from Samsung.
Faulty Galaxy tablet too.
Never anymore Samsung junk.
Poor quality.

SageJay

Estimable
May 25, 2015
I chatted with Samsung support. They said to manually change the DNS to 8.8.8.8. It fixed the problem immediately. Go into Menu > Network > Network Settings > Start > Wired (how I'm connected) > Next. Let it do the test. Then go to IP Settings > DNS Mode and change to Manual. Hit 8, right arrow, etc until it is 8.8.8.8 then press the OK button in the middle of the left, right, up, down arrows. Press the down arrow to the OK button and press the OK button on the remote. It will test the connection again and, Voila! you will have Internet again. The chat rep said we were done - nothing more to do.

Mama00

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015

Thank you SageJay. We did this and it worked immediately. Thank you for posting these directions so clearly. This was extremely helpful!!

Debi__

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015

Well this did not work for me, put DNS as 8.8.8.8 and still not able to connect to internet - this is frustrating when you buy a TV to connect and stream and then... CAN'T !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.