Samsung Smart TV TED app not working

KCinCA

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
TED opens but when I click play, get message saying network not connected. Network clearly connected or wouldn't have been able to open app!

WyomingKnott

Distinguished
I'm not sure that your logic is good. If the app is on the TV, then it will run whether the TV is connected to the network or not. For example, my blu-ray player will open Netflix whether or not my network is up, but it won't show any movies if the network is down.
So my first guess is that you do not have the network connected, or it has gone down. Does anything else that requires the network connection work?

KCinCA

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

I exit TED and check the network connection - connected. Try again - no change. I exit TED and try another app - no problems. Try TED again - no change.

steve07099

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

steve07099

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
Every app has a contact email, web site and sometimes phone number for support provided when the app is first downloaded. I contacted contact@ted.com and received an email back from support@ted.desk-mail.com saying they were aware of the problem and were working with Samsung engineers to fix it as Samsung built it, contrary to the Samsung support person I spoke to who denied it. No time frame was provided.

NOV 23, 2016 | 06:22PM EST
Jamey replied:
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for writing in! I’m sorry you’re experiencing a problem with TED talks on your Samsung TV.

Our engineers are indeed aware of this issue, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. They are working with engineers from Samsung, who built the app. Thank you for your thorough report, it helps a lot to have the app and model information.

We hope to have an update soon, but I’m afraid the Thanksgiving holiday will cause additional delay. Thank you very much for your patience!

Warmest regards,

Jamey
TED Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 6