Samsung Smart TV (UN46ES6100) can't connect to wireless network anymore

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cejay25

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I've had this TV for 2 years connected to my home network (Cisco router) using WEP security protocol. This week I have upgraded to WPA2 Personnal (AES) protocol. All of my home hardware (PC's, iPad,s, iPhones...) have switched over without any problem but the TV just won't connect. After entering the password, I get a connection failed message. I have tried disabling the security on the router, reverted back to WEP also to no avail. Nothing works anymore. Help please?

pr1ncess

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
My boyfriend changed the name of the TV..and then set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 that worked when jut changing the DNS itself did not.. Ugh I was damn near ready to ship this pps to Samsung with a real nice letter and take the $600 loss

devilswhore

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015

This worked perfectly for me and then automatically, my home theater worked as well.

AltonLB

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
My 1-year old "Smart" TV suddenly refused to let me access internet (and my Star Trek addiction). My phone and laptop had no problem. The router system is Apple, Never a problem. I unplugged and rebooted everything in sight. No change. The I tried turning on the TV with the Vizeo soundbar turned off. (It had been working fine for the 6 months I've had it.) I was SUCCESSFUL Turning on the soundbar after the tv was my solution. The internet connectivity remains on once it has been accessed. Good luck!

davidz112

Estimable
May 1, 2015
I have a Samsung smart TV model no. UN60D8000 I was on the Samsung Website checking to see if any firmware updates were released to resolve the issue and a samsung live chat popped up, so I asked the question there and got it resolved.
I hope this helps, I followed these steps and I am up and running. On you remote do the following.
1. Click Menu
2. Network
2. Network Status (wait for it)
3. IP Settings
4. Change DNS server mode to manual from obtain automatically and enter
208-67-222-222 as the DNS server and press Enter.
5. Now select ok and TV should show connected status.

Thats it I hope this helps.

ab9537

Estimable
May 4, 2015
I did the "chat" with Samsung and It is fixed!! The only thing that worked for me was to unplug the TV for 30 seconds and then plug it in. When I tried the network setup, it disappeared as it has been, then I remembered I had entered DNS 8.8.8.8. When I went into Network status to change the DNS, the TV was connecting itself. It signed on just as it used to! Hooray - two wasted days!

Asheville

Estimable
May 16, 2015

Had same issue, used this solution and it worked. Thanks a bunch.

Dasha Butters

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
I had the same issues with my ES model. when trying to get on wireless for smart hub, menu would disappear and i couldn't get on. Wired worked for a day and then stopped. I called samsung, they tried everything and it didnt work. They said they would escalate the issue and call me back, but never did. Second time they said they would call but didnt. I updated the software to 2004 now and wired started working, but wireless doesn't work. Thank god i have a warranty with PC richards. I called them, a tech came the next day and knew the issue. He said the ES models are not compatible with the new 4gig routers. The antennas the samsung TVs come with are faulty. He replaced that piece and now it works. Samsung Customer service is the worst. PC Richards tech knew the issue right away and has had to deal with this for a year now. If I didnt still have a warranty, i would have to pay $350 for this part. Jeez. Hate Samsung.

prince_ahmed

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
i have the solution for wifi smart tv that it disconnect
1- shutdown ur tv
2-then press quickly bottom info then menu then mute then power on
list will open
3- enter control then sub option then
WIFI REGION MAKE IT (A)
4- make power off then on and try Ur wireless

gjnatarajan

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Update the samsung TV software to the latest version, It should work. Usually samung TVs is not getting the softwares updated by itself. Try the below steps,

Step 1) Once you switch on the TV, click menu button.
Step 2) Go to support and click "software update"
Step 3) Once software updated,tv will get restarted, then internet should be connected

Sarah Hillaby

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015

This worked for us! Thanks for the tip, gjnatarajan!

Marmoe

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
This worked!! My software update option did not say "download," it was "online" and I went through the process, am back in business. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

seymour350

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015
Just had the same problem. Verizon updated my router to a new version with wireless built in. All my phones and computers connected perfectly. My Samsung Smart Tv would not connect. I spent 3 days on the phone with Samsung and Verizon. Samsung said it was a problem with the new router. Verizon said that my speed was too slow and gave me a faster speed. Verizon still could not fix the problem and told me to call Samsung.
I reset my tv to factory settings, reset router box, nothing would work.
All I had to do is to hook up my old Cisco wireless router to the new Verizon router. I ran a cable from Verizon box LAN 2 to the internet spot on the cisco box. I now use my old wireless address for my Samsung and the new wireless address for everything else. My Smart TV connected and updated right away. You can run 2 wireless or more wireless boxes in your home thru the new router box.

agarcia3201

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

Hey thanks a LOT for posting this and the item # too. This totally fixed my problem
My husband was so happy! :D
We've tried everything.

Ray_1

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
Hi CJ
I had a similar problem, after hours on phone to samsung and virginmedia.media I tried to connect with my mobile hot spot and it worked. So then I started to look at my equipment and found that wnen I unplugged my extender from the mains my TV found my WiFi and logged in to it. Everything is now ok.
I don't know if you are useing extenders but if you are give it a try
Ray

ReeneJ

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
I have exactly the same issue and have tried everything suggested on the internet replies as well and bringing Time Warner Techs and spending hours with Samsung support. NOTHING SOLVES THIS ISSUE! All of my other devices connect to WIFI so it must be a Samsung software issue. I have the latest updates and software versions since I connected with a wire but that did not resolve any issues. I am waiting for the Amazon Fire stick so that I can access Netflix and Amazon Prime while they work this out.

Jim_1_

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
I was having a similar issue. It would search for networks but wouldn't find the router 5 feet away. I tried EVERYTHING. Ultimately I broke down and tried replacing the wifi module WIDT20 and boom I was back up and running. $29.99 on ebay and 20 minutes removing the back panel and recounting it on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.