Samsung Smart TV (UN46ES6100) can't connect to wireless network anymore

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cejay25

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I've had this TV for 2 years connected to my home network (Cisco router) using WEP security protocol. This week I have upgraded to WPA2 Personnal (AES) protocol. All of my home hardware (PC's, iPad,s, iPhones...) have switched over without any problem but the TV just won't connect. After entering the password, I get a connection failed message. I have tried disabling the security on the router, reverted back to WEP also to no avail. Nothing works anymore. Help please?

Kevyn_80

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016

I'm having this same problem. It won't recognize any network at all. It won't update without any connection.

Paul_186

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

RipRap

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Just HOW would you suggest someone connect to the network server if the problem is not being able to connect to the internet in the first place? You obviously had a connection to the internet, or else your TV would not have been able to download the new Firmware from the Samsung website, which is where the > Support > Software Update gets the update.

I'm glad your problem was solved by updating your TV's software, which is what should be done at least once very 6 months at the minimum, for any piece of electronics that has a microprocessor in it with upgradeable firmware.

Justaguycalledv

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

I'm having the same issue as well. Worked fine for over 2 years. Now it connects to the router but not to the Internet.

Linlou

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
11-30-2016 We have a Samsung smart tv, only one year old. It stopped connecting to internet via our wifi....
we just called Costco concierge service... we had a warranty...
they, over the phone instructed us to disconnect from the back of the power cord, cable and everything plugged into the tv....
then push down and hold the power button on the tv (not on remote, our power button was on back of tv).
Hold power button down for one entire minute.
Release button and then plug everything back into back of tv....
Yey! We turned tv on and internet was immediately restored... we fretted for two days trying to get our tv to connect back to the internet. Everything else in the house worked thru our wifi. Simple fix!

Linlou

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
We had same problem... after one year our Samsung smart tv all of a sudden wouldn't go online thru our wifi. We called warranty for help and they walked us thru the solution... unplug everything from back of tv, then hold down for one whole minute the on/off switch found on tv ( ours was actually on the back of the tv) then plug everything back in... cable, electric, and all else... turn on tv with remote and Yey! It works again!

Mirela Alina

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
I had the same problem at my samsung tv ue60j6200.
The solution was to enter in the 'secret menu' with the next buttons combination from remote control: info, menu, mute and turn of button (use this combination with the tv closed).
From the menu I selected <<factory reset>> option and pressed enter button from remote control.
When I opened the tv were displayed all the wifi connections.
Good luck every one!!!!

malmotodd

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Yes!! That fixed mine! Hallelujah!

Leecbo

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Appreciate your prompt respond. Not that it won't connect. erratically it will disconnect and when TV is reset. All will be good till the next time this happens, like 5 times in 4 months and its becoming a pain. My other Samsung Curve 55" TV in the hall and all other devices have no issue and the Service personnel came twice but no avail. Probably there will be better answers here. Thanks .

Status
Not open for further replies.