Samsung smart tv wont recognize pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

max_38

Commendable
May 29, 2016
So i have a Samsung UE50JU6800W and am trying to hook it up to my pc via HDMI, the hdmi is plugged into my graphics card and not the motherboard. Both ends of the cable detect the cable, my pc sees the tv and my tv sees the cable. But the tv just says no signal what ever i do. Nothing seems the help, so this is kind of my last resort to solving my issieu. Thanks in advance

Solution
The "down grade" was only a "piece of data" for your information. I don't know if it is the be all end all. I was running 8.1, upgraded to 10 which worked for a short while but then somewhere along the way, the "double screens" no longer worked (even though I was running as "one screen only"... with the laptops built in screen turned off)... that setup would no longer work after a few days. After many days of trying all sorts of things, I decided to go back to 8.1. Without any other changes, the system again worked as it had been for over a year prior to the windows 10 "attempt".... and this is where the system is today and I have never had an issue since going back.
Since you are running a PC (with out a "built in...

jtravapd1978

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I had the same problem and mine was a quick fix. I hope it works for you. Tv is the Samsung ks9000 (im secretly in love with this tv ) computer is a Alienware 18 laptop with SLI enabled (just so you know it didn’t matter for me).

Does your Samsung have the separate input box that plugs the one thick cable into the tv and all your devices plug into the connection box (forget name)? If you do like I do, turn off your Tv? And unplug the thick cable that connects
The tv to all its inputs. I waited 15’or so seconds then plugged the tv back in, then plug the media box back in.
This made my tv reset and recheck all my devices connected for every input and this time identified my computer. It shows a computer/PC
Icon and limits almost all of your visual options for the tv.

marcan.belisle

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hey I was having this issue and after trying different things for an hour or two I finally found a fix (at least for me.)

Plug your PC into a different monitor. Go to your graphics card display settings and type in a custom resolution (in my case it was 3840x2160), select 30hz, then make sure the test or apply button is selected. Unplug from the monitor and into the Samsung TV, press enter and the display should appear. All that's left is to apply the settings, change it back to 60hz and all should be hunky dory.

Hope this works for you guys.

aflockofmoosen

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Hey guys, im having this issue with an HP Envy m6 laptop. Unable to enter a custom resolution. Do you think using a VGA to HDMI cable would work?

mikeshoaib

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Same case. Same problem, when Windows 10 pro starts
there is a message : no signal. I played with the bios of the pc motherboard. Tried mentioned ,everything and the results are none. I am swamping from Samsung smart 48 inch curved Ue48j6300... To LG tv to a monitor. Only the Samsung is retarded and the other two work perfect!!! I will keep trying different resolutions

shaunthebaa

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
I think this post and the first reply will be the information most of you are/were looking for:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/57y7t4/gtx_980ti_cant_get_4k_444_at_60p_on_samsung_tv/

Basically, the HDMI cable cannot handle the bandwidth. On your Samsung TV, disable a setting called HDMI UHD Colour:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/776523/geforce-900-series/gtx-980-can-t-get-4k-at-60p-on-samsung-tv-/post/4315455/#4315455
The setting may be in General > External Device Manager, for newer firmware's.

And it should work. For people wanting to run HDMI cables to a new Samsung TV in 4K at 60 hz, you will have to wait for the next HDMI version release, which may support up to 30gbps instead of being limited to 18.

jgraceou

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Thanks. Had same issue. I plugged in an HDMI cable labeled as "High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet" to my laptop and Samsung 4K Smart TV and it worked for me without any adjustments.

Feb 7, 2018
Seen this VGA to HDMI 4k converter on Amazon. My server is VGA. Figured the VGA card couldnt communicate with the Samsung UHD but this thread seems to say even people with HDMI port video cards are still having the same issue. This adapter cost a pretty penny. Im going to try adjusting my graphics card settings first before purchasing but this may be an option if the problem is indeed a 4k compatibility issue.

https://www.amazon.com/KanexPro-CONVGAHD4K-VGA-HDMI-Converter/dp/B01CT6VC18

Mar 11, 2018

I'm also expeiencing the same issue with my Samsung UN40MU6290. I have to plug the HDMI cable into my LG monitor when booting up the PC, then switch it over to the tv after the Login Screen is loaded. But if I Restart the PC, the tv goes to No Signal, and will not come back. So I switch it again to the LG monitor, wait for Login Screen, then switch it back again. It's a real hassle. I have all the latest cables and drivers and stuff (former Best Buy Employee, always get the latest crap at a discount) but none of that matters. I've tried multiple cables, at different lengths, at different resolutions... doesn't matter. Same routine. If I didn't have a second display to Hot Boot this damn thing, I wouldn't be able to use the Sammy at all.

No bueno, Samsung. You should consider a patch/update to the tv to resolve this, or consider a tradeout for one that doesn't flunk like these ones do. :D

runrace40

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Update/Additional info: Switching to a cable labeled as "High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet" solved the "no signal" issue for me. I also need to make sure my laptop is up first and the HDMI cable connected before turning on the TV Samsung UN40MU7000 (2017 Model), purchased in Jan. 2018. My laptop is an ASUS Notebook N550JXDS74T purchased in May. 2015 and has Window 10 installed.

Mar 14, 2018

Same trick here to partially solve the problem:
TV Samsung JU6800 4k 55''
Motherboard MSI B250M Bazooka
CPU Intel G4560
8GB Ram
Win 10 64 bit

I must turn on first the PC and then the TV. If I do the contrary I get "No signal"

How can we solve?

Apr 3, 2018
i5-4570 Haswell
MSI H87-G43
Samsung MU6290
8GB Ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Samsung UN40MU6290
MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GB

It was the HDMI cable for me too. I did upgrade my video card from a Asus GeForce GTX 650 2GB to a MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GB (marginal upgrade), and then, after that failed to a work, went to Walmart and bought the 6' GE high speed HDMI cable with ethernet. That worked. I now have the monitor at 4K with 4:4:4 at 60Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.