Aug 22, 2018
My samsung remote has partially stopped working and tv not connected to Samsung servers. My sky HD still works. Help!! no YouTube for my daughter is causing more problems than you could imagine.

Solution
You don't need to be connected to Samsung servers but to YouTube. If the TV is not connected to the internet, go into the options and check things there, you may need to reboot the router and modem if the TV will not connect. If the remote being broken prevents you from doing that, replace it.

Aug 22, 2018
The remote is fine every button works on my Samsung in my bedroom. The only buttons that work are the volume and channel up/down. Standby button doesn't turn on/off. Sometimes after pressing standby it turns on a few mins after. As for connecting to the internet I can't get into settings. Mute sign is flashing also????

You may want to clarify some things, if the remote is fine, why do you then say "the only buttons that work are volume and channel up/down"? If you are talking about two different TVs, you need to explain exactly what is happening. If you are using the remote with two TVs and one does not even turn on properly you have more issues than just no internet connection. Does the TV work normally if you use the buttons on it to turn it on and switch inputs? Does it work normally in everything aside from the internet?

Did the remote used to work on both TVs with no issues at all? Did anything happen before the issue started? Seems your issue is the remote right now, without having a working one, you won't be able to get to settings to check anything. Check if a universal remote will work.

Aug 22, 2018
I have smart tv in living room that I have had less than 12 months, it was all working fine previously. It won't connect to internet. If you press home on remote nothing happens. Press settings nothing. Volume and channel up/down works. Power on off works 5mins after pressing it. Source doesn't work. It all works if I try my tv in bedroom. Tried my bedroom tv remote on my tv in living room and exactly the same happens only volume and channel up/down. Mute sign is flashing also? Message on screen says not connected to Samsung servers. If I turn my sky box on it picks it up and auto selects the source and I can watch it. But still no response from the remote except vol up/down. Used to be a sky engineer and used to tinkering with tv's but this has stumped me

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from simon75sharp : "Samsung smart tv"

Aug 22, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from simon75sharp : "Samsung smart tv"

I have Samsung smart tv in living room that I have had less than 12 months, it was all working fine previously. It won't connect to internet. If you press home on remote nothing happens. Press settings nothing. Volume and channel up/down works. Power on off works 5mins after pressing it. Source doesn't work. The same remote all works if I try my tv in bedroom. Tried my bedroom tv remote on my tv in living room and exactly the same happens only volume and channel up/down. Mute sign is flashing also? Message on screen says not connected to Samsung servers. If I turn my sky box on it picks it up and auto selects the source and I can watch it. But still no response from the remote except vol up/down. Used to be a sky engineer and used to tinkering with tv's but this has stumped me

Contact Samsung support and check with them why the remote is not working. Without being able to use it to go into the setting you will not be able to do anything to check your internet connection. If you had it less than a year it should be in warranty.

Solution