Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

ok4evryng

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

MENU SETTINGS GENERAL > scroll down to SAMSUNG INSTANT ON

dee999

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

After few days of trying the region switching method without any success... I finally came across your method and it worked! I can't thank you enough!

I switched to every region I could think of but the Netflix app was updated in all of them. Never thought of Mexico though!

Although I was excited about using the new interface on the updated app, I don't care anymore. I'm just glad it works again.

UPDATE JULY 27 2015:

I thought I'd leave an update on my situation with Netflix hopefully it will help someone...

Few days ago, Netflix announced an update on their apps with a new updated interface. Again, I got curious and updated the Netflix app on my Samsung F-Series TV hoping this time it will work. I DID NOT! This remains to be frustrating to me.

The same fix stated above still works. However, this time instead of downloading the Mexico app (which has been updated) I fixed the issue by downloading from Argentina.

bloodyfool0

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014

Didn't work for me. I set apps auto update to off but after first selecting a non-netflix country, then Mexico (vers. 3.22603), then USA, the netflix app showed 4.00511.

dee999

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

Are you sure you selected a non-Netflix region? Here's exactly how I did it:

• My TV is set to UK had the new Netflix App.

I switched to Australia, the app got deleted.

Then switched to Mexico - found the older version of Netflix. After it got installed, I switched off Auto update.

Then switched back to UK. The Mexico version remained and it worked.

Make sure you're turning off auto updated at the right step. Or maybe the Mexico app got updated too?

bloodyfool0

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for giving me a hand here. I did too have the UK version installed and was working (auto update off), then tried US, but failed.

Then I tried Kiwi's solution, but first switched to Hong Kong (no netflix and auto up off), then installed Mexico with neflix whilst auto up still off and finally to US. Strange is it seems netflix apparently re-installed with the new US version.

But the story gets even stranger. Switched off the TV overnight as I was tired of playing around. This morning, netflix usa is working! Auto up is still off and am showing netflix version 3.22603 on the device. Samsung now wants to update the netflix app to 4.00501, but of course, I won't do it.

Am truly crossing my fingers. Thanks again to you and also Kiwi!

keefsy

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
Hi Guys. I am from Australia and I use netflix via UnblockUS. I cannot change my region to a non netflix region as I am already in Australia.... This has got me stumped. Anyone in Australia use netflix and have a fix for this?

Kherman80

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014

Go to Smarthub, hit "tools" on remote, then settings, then reset. This will reset your Smarthub to default. TV may restart or flash black screen when finished. Then you'll need to re-download Netflix back onto TV.

nivonog

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
This worked for us in México. Thanks :)

SamsungSid

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
I'm using at UE55HU7500 in the UK and Netflix works fine.

Forget using apps from other regions, there is no need. I'm using the UK app on my TV and here's how:

Open the TV menu
Go to SYSTEM and scroll down to GENERAL
Locate SAMSUNG INSTANT ON and make sure it is set to OFF
Turn off the TV and turn it back on
Open the Smart Hub and open Netflix

Mitt Navn

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
"Just log on to netflix on your computer and log off all devices. Then restart smart hub an log into netflix like new."

Thanks!! Solved the problem for me as well. You made my day!

Zebbb

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

My samsung did the same thing. All I had to do was update my tv. It usually shows up on to top of the screen if you need to update your tv. After I did so, Netflix worked.

williambra

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Thanks Ewertonfg!

After trying all possible countries, in the second time I try Mexico it finally worked!

Tip: Be patient. Sometimes, even after you select the right country, it (for some unexplainable reason) loads the wrong version (in my case the white icon, instead of the red one). I had to select Mexico twice!

Thanks again people!

nightshade29

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
Hi, i bought the samsung T27d390s in december 2014 and i cant even download netflix! Ive been in touch with samsung who just said not all software is available. Does anyone who how to find and download it?!

Ive tried searching the available software,resetting to factory settings, using th internet access to find it but the link to download wasnt there. I bought the tv specially to watch netflix :(

Jules68

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
when you can see smart hub screen "highlight" Netflix. Then hit "Tools" on your remote and reinstall. it's really that easy. you will have to enter you log on info again....but that's it.

pacificlnd

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
I called Netflix help and got an answer in 2 minutes that fixed me right up:

On your TV, get into Netflix. Don't select a movie, but I don't think that matters.

Using the arrow keys:

Up twice
Down twice,
Left, right, left, right (each just once)
Up four times

This brings you to your account page. At bottom, (I'm not in front of my TV right now so I may be a little off on the next steps. Try reversing them if they don't work).

Remove Netflix (maybe it says reset)
Log out, log back in.

And I was up and running again.

I'm in the USA so that might not work for other countries. Just FYI.

If you still have probs, not on the TV, but using any other device that connect to internet, go to www.netflix.com, bottom left, Get Code, and call Netflix. They are there 24/7 and will walk you thru a solution. It is NOT a Samsung issue.

Good luck to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.