Samsung soundbar and speakers not grouping together for Samsung TV Audio

voodooenglishman

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
Hey Guys. Have a problem which has been alluding me so I will try and keep it as short as I can.

I own a Samsung soundbar H751 and two of the M5 speakers. Tried connecting it to my samsung 4k tv using soundconnect to have them all play at once but samsung seem to only allow either the soundbar to play on its own or the two m5 speakers.

I bought the multiroom hub and connected the speakers wirelessly and the soundbar through an ethernet cable. I downloaded the multiroom app and grouped all three together. I was able to have all three play spotify from my phone perfectly but the option to use the tv as the soundsource disappears once you group the soundbar and the speakers together through the app. I can use an optical source which goes into the soundbar but this causes the soundbar to be very noticebly out of time with the speakers.

Anybody have any experience on setting this up or even whether this can be done as I would of thought it would have been quite simple to link all these devices up for a 4.1 experience.

Thankyou

Solution
The Sonos Playbar can be set up so an additional pair of Sonos Play speakers can be used as surround speakers but I don't think the Samsung is set up give you surround sound even if you got them all to play at the same time. Just stereo out of the soundbar and speakers. You could use a soundbar that comes with surround speakers.
The Sonos Playbar can be set up so an additional pair of Sonos Play speakers can be used as surround speakers but I don't think the Samsung is set up give you surround sound even if you got them all to play at the same time. Just stereo out of the soundbar and speakers. You could use a soundbar that comes with surround speakers.

Solution