Samsung Tab S 10.5 fails to boot after update.

CrustyMusty

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I allowed the OTA update (Marshmallow) to start and left the tablet (plugged in) for a few hours. When I cam back the screen showed just SAMSUNG (in bold Block letters) slowly pulsing. Every minute or so it vibrates buzz pause buzz buzz buzz. I reset it using the power+volume up technique (nothing else works) and it starts it's boot sequence but stops at the same place.

Solution
Problem "Solved". I Downloaded ODIN and associated bit and pieces and the official image as pointed to by Samsung, then flashed it onto my tablet. Sounds easy when you say it quickly, but every step seemed to involve trial and error, even following instructions I found scattered around the web.
Try booting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will completely boot.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

CrustyMusty

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Using your instructions I have tried to boot to safe mode a few times ( with variations cuz I'm not sure which is volume down ).It still goes to the samsung word in the middle of the screen.

BTW I could only get it to power off (as opposed to restart) by plugging in an active USB cable

CrustyMusty

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I saw that about the SD card in an other thread, so I have removed it.

I am fairly sure the warantee has expired. I'm rummaging through records looking for the purchase information. I know I didn't buy the "Extended Warantee"

CrustyMusty

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Problem "Solved". I Downloaded ODIN and associated bit and pieces and the official image as pointed to by Samsung, then flashed it onto my tablet. Sounds easy when you say it quickly, but every step seemed to involve trial and error, even following instructions I found scattered around the web.

Solution

hilfer

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Hi Crustymusty:

I have exactely the same problem with my tablet.

Can you please give a more detailed explanation on how you did it ?? step by step if possible.
Thanks

Uloveonce

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

Please post your steps and help the community. Thank you.

Bassetto

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
I googled for Odin and Firmware and found this site : http://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin
I downloaded Odin and the firmware. I downloaded the marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware, as this is the newest (Netherlands - 1/10/2016).
After installing Odin I connected my Samsung Tablet S. Pressing and holding the power, volume down and Home I got to the Download screen on my tablet. Odin immediately recognised my tablet. Following the script on Updato I uploaded the firmware. After some time my tablet rebooted itself and ended on the same slowly pulsing Samsung banner. So I decided to download the previous firmware, Lollipop (from Updato's OS update Library). Now this made my tablet come alive again. Not all is solved : when I wanted to reinstall facebook (I had to uninstall a lot of apps because of too little storage space for downloading Marshmallow !!!! :-( ), no luck : I get error code 492. So I'll try to solve that now. The tablet works, but Google Play Store has issues, and I find nothing (blank !)on my internal storage and SD-card

Bassetto

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
I didn't get the error code 492 corrected. So I finally went to the recovery-boot and did a factory reset. All my personal files where on my SD-card anyway, as my tablet (16 GB) was always short on storage.
The factory reset went well, and I got a new virgin tablet with a lot of storage.<
BUT !!! after a few minutes I realized the damn thing was downloading the same Marshmallow shit that started all my problems. Auto update is on by default. Luckily I noticed it in time. Now auto update is off.

Uloveonce

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Great, but this is unofficial fix, right? not sire untill Samsung comes with the update or should fix this manually. Anyway, where can I get lollipop version from US> I have US sold Samsung tab S. It is from last year i.e. Jan, 2015. Warranty should have already expired

Mittu_Joseph

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Dokkaebi

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
hey i have the exact same problem with yours. so please can you explain how to fix it using odin? i tried to searched it in google but cant find the right one. thank you so much

mrww43

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
@CrustyMusty i just faced the exact same issue with My Galaxy J7... did OTA 6.0.1 update and stuck at the same Samsung logo... I haven't tried Odin... If I try the which update should j Install? LOLLIPOP? OR MARSHMALLO?

leejunjep80

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
After I download the upgrade, it just kept on hanging around the Samsung logo. I tried the Factory reset way - Power + Volume Up + Home Button, it went to the, system boot / wipe data / etc, did a format and boot again, still doesn't work.
Any idea?
I have an idea, why is everyone having this problem after we install the O/S upgrade? Could it be a deliberate move to damage the tablet to make consumers buy new ones?

Mar 22, 2018

Did u solve ur issue