Samsung TV fix question

RB35mrizuna

Honorable
May 1, 2012
I have a Samsung 50" DLP rear projection television with LED (model#HLT5087SAX/XAA) and here are the problems... The TV plugs in and turns on normally but I can't turn it off using the power button(on tv or remote) if the tv turns off by sleep mode(it only does that if nothing is plugged in, it doesn't turn off if I'm watching something) I can turn it back on by the power button... the channel change and volume up and down work fine(on tv and remote) but every other button doesn't (menu, source, Etc.) I want my tv to be able to switch to source so I can use the HDMI... it was on HDMI before but I accidently pressed the channel down button... and and the channels only go between 1-99 it doesn't go through source channels... so I just want to know what the problem is so I can fix it... the brightness is also low so I would like menu to work so I can change that... Thank you...

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Double check that all of your remote buttons are working. You can easily do this with any sort of digital camera/camcorder/cell phone with an LCD screen. Simply point the remote at the lens of the device, and press the button. you will see the tip of the remote flash in the LCD screen. If they are all flashing, try to replace the batteries, as your LED might be too weak for the tv to pick up. If this isn't the case, you can try to get ahold of the service menu, and reset the entire set. This will reset the software, and can fix it. if neither of these work, i would contact your local repair shop.

RB35mrizuna

Honorable
May 1, 2012
The remote works fine... it's something with the TV... the tv even picks up other remotes we have in the house and they don't work either... I think it's something with the motherboard... the buttons on the side of the tv don't work either.. just volume change and channel change... but not source or menu... which is what I need... and how do I get the service menu?

RB35mrizuna

Honorable
May 1, 2012

I can't get it to go into the service menu...