Samsung TV flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb0303

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I am here today because my TV recently (as of yesterday) startet flickering as in the video here http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=20z1qv7%3E&s=8#.VL1lHS6G-_9

I have absolutely no idea why or how this has started. The TV has been hanging from the wall a year+ and has not been moved since.

The model is a samsung LE40C635K1W (It's 4 years old)

I am guessing the only option is to replace the TV with a new one, but I would like to hear if you guys have any knowledge if it can be fixed or anything similar?

Solution
maybe not, I have the same issues from 3 main sources. 1st is a bad cable/ connection to the TV, try replacing the cables with new ones. 2nd is the logic board for the display ports is going out. 3rd. power supply or the LCD Bulb/ LCD ballast is going out. So depending on how tech savvy you are tools/soldering/taking apart electronics, it can actually be a really cheap fix. If that's not up your cup of tea, 40 inch lcd... you can get replacement from 300-1000 depending on the type. General repair costs for a tv tech are going to range from 150-500 depending on the problem. So if cables don't fix the issue, and you or a friend do not possess the skills for repairing one, just replace it.

tallywho

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
maybe not, I have the same issues from 3 main sources. 1st is a bad cable/ connection to the TV, try replacing the cables with new ones. 2nd is the logic board for the display ports is going out. 3rd. power supply or the LCD Bulb/ LCD ballast is going out. So depending on how tech savvy you are tools/soldering/taking apart electronics, it can actually be a really cheap fix. If that's not up your cup of tea, 40 inch lcd... you can get replacement from 300-1000 depending on the type. General repair costs for a tv tech are going to range from 150-500 depending on the problem. So if cables don't fix the issue, and you or a friend do not possess the skills for repairing one, just replace it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.