Samsung UN55MU6290 Bluetooth Enabled but not pairing to devices

Dec 29, 2018
hello,

I have a Samsung UN55MU6290 model TV ( Version no. CC09 ) and I enabled bluetooth settings in the advanced setting of the tv found in the youtube link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2u9k2MD7Ds

My issue is that I cannot connect any bluetooth devices that I have.

I have tried :
VIZIO SB3621n-F8M - Sound Bar (connects with samsung galaxy s7)
Samsung galaxy s7

I'd like to be able to use a smart/BT remote and keyboard with voice recognition and display my phone and as well here the audio. Audio is already working with hard wired optical port.

My assumption is that after I have changed the settings and have ability to search for bluetooth devices is that I am missing a transmitter/receiver.

If there is hardware that I can buy please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

Solution
Not likely, you can try and see if the TV sees it and can work with it. Most TVs I see with add-on USB things have specific ones they use, say add-on WiFi USB dongles.

There is no way to add drivers to a TV, if it won't see the the hardware or know what to do with it, it won't work. Most smart TVs with USB ports can work with keyboards and mice or storage devices, but have not heard of those where you can add in any USB device like WiFi or Bluetooth.
Dec 29, 2018

Thanks but your post isn't very helpful. Is there another way to add bluetooth? Raspberry pi 3, fire cube, or something else I can add to my system so I can use a wireless keyboard and/or wireles remote with voice recognition?

I have had the same issue with my daughters Samsung TV, it got to work after I did a factory reset, then enabled to blue tooth on it.
I use a soundbar with her TV works well, but have to open sound bar AFTER TV is on.. then TV recognizes it and ask to pair up
not a very good design, my LG pairs on a remote button... but Samsung discovers Bluetooth Only after it is Turns on , and if you turn object ON Afterwards.

Sure you can add any of those but it will work with that device not with the TV controls.

For a keyboard, many TVs will work with a wireless keyboard through the USB dongle they come with. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard with a touchpad on my TV that I use.

Dec 29, 2018

can I add a bluetooth dongle like the item below?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FY6WBS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2MM2HGZE8VUGH&psc=1

Not likely, you can try and see if the TV sees it and can work with it. Most TVs I see with add-on USB things have specific ones they use, say add-on WiFi USB dongles.

There is no way to add drivers to a TV, if it won't see the the hardware or know what to do with it, it won't work. Most smart TVs with USB ports can work with keyboards and mice or storage devices, but have not heard of those where you can add in any USB device like WiFi or Bluetooth.

Solution