Samsung Unveils Phone Running Google Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wow, this looks just like the kind of phone I've been waiting for. A non-iPhone smartphone that actually looks really cool. Let's hope it lives up to expectations (and also that it becomes available in the US sometime soon...)

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
... and here I just bought a blackberry for my wife.... oh well, i7500 goodness for ME (assuming it gets positive reviews once released in the US)

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
meh...
after being forced to use samsung mobile phone (provided by company i work for) i can't see myself using another samsung (this thing dials on it's own). i'll stick to samsung tv, hdd etc. but not phone.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I've used 3 samsung phones and while I have disdain for their requirements to install apps on your computer to plug into them I'm curious how this will work out with the Android setup. I'm going to be buying another phone soon so will wait for reviews, otherwise will go to a Nokia.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
This looks like it could be a winner. Looks kinda similar to the Storm, but Android just makes it sweeter. I have a Samsung phone right now... It makes me so mad... It misdials 911 almost every week. I am ready to smash it.

G

There's one more coming, its the Samsung Omnia HD. Already launched in Europe & its really cool!! :D Its a variant of Symbian OS, in case you are wondering. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS