Samsung's Rugged Phone has 67-days of Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
This is perfect for me as long as it is not too expensive. I'm always getting the cheap dumbphones just because I don't want to have to "baby" an expensive phone to keep it looking and working nice. I usually get a new phone every two years when the contract is up and by then my phone is usually pretty rough around the edges if it's even still working.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Now I want that AND a smart phone. Wonder if I can hook two phones to the same number without using google voice.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]Now I want that AND a smart phone. Wonder if I can hook two phones to the same number without using google voice.[/citation]
You could get a google voice number and have it call both those phones. Then it doesn't matter which one you carry with you at the time.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I never buy anything BUT a ruggedized phone and I never make it even one year before the phone croaks. six months of dirt and sweat and high temps will kill 99% of all phones. And probably 90% of casio phones. This thing aint as tough as a casio, that's for sure.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Smart phone with an Otterbox case. Solved......

As far as the battery, really, 67days? 22 hours of talk time is cool and all, but just charge the damn thing.

This is like the netbooks of phones.... Aka pointless.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I wonder if the battery life would double if they put on a monochrome screen? Possibly an integrated solar panel charger on the back of the battery panel. Otherwise, it looks great otherwise.

I'm not sold on the fact of *needing* a smart phone. Sure, they're cool to text on, surf the web, and view videos. But I just can't justify the monthly plan rates right now.

In my opinion, all the carriers are setting an artificial floor on data plans. I can't see why they have to charge an extra $20 - $30 a month for this feature.

henrystrawn

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I bought a "smart phone" last contract, and do not use the extra features. This looks like a viable replacement.

shoetrader07, Tom's does have ad space available, you might look into purchasing some. Until then please don't post your spam in the comments section.

Moderator "SIC 'EM"

davcon

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Looks very nice and is the same type of phone i've used for 9+ yrs.They all still work after being dropped from various heights.
Motorola military grade idens.
Could give this one a try come replacement time i like the battery life.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I used to have a Sanyo that you could literally throw across the room. You could punt it like a football and let it land where it may, and it wouldn't break. Thing was built like a tank. It's true, that old adage, "they don't make em like they used to". Although this new Samsung may be an exception...

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]It's a surprisingly not ugly phone. And you know it won't break if you drop it from waist height either.[/citation]

Agreed. The only problem I see is that the GUI looks like its about 5 years late.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]Smart phone with an Otterbox case. Solved......As far as the battery, really, 67days? 22 hours of talk time is cool and all, but just charge the damn thing. This is like the netbooks of phones.... Aka pointless.[/citation]

Not to be one of those guys who say "Back in my day..." but honestly, if you need to do something just talk to the damn person in person! A phone is a phone!

Sure iPhone 4 is absolute marvel of engineering and the Sprint 4G phones are awesome, but we honestly don't need them.

That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.