Satisfying surround sound

Nikos m

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
i have the logitech z506 and a sound blaster z sound card but i dont get that much of a surround. I am watching from netflix with dolby digital plus decoding which i get i dont have it with this sytem. So i wonder is that what i have a surround sound or it gets better with better gear? If so is the difference noticeable a lot or its something audiophiles can see. I just want a good surround sound system for my movies. On cinemas i see a difference from my current setup though and i am talking about how the sound splits into the 5 speakers and afterwards about how clear it is because clearness is not that much of a difference i belive

Solution
Sometimes you have to set the system, either the sound blaster card, or netflix to allow 5.1 sound. That is most likely the largest factor that might affect how netflix plays and movies play.

Also playing with the effects (multi-bar mixer menu) can make a world of difference. Along with positioning your speakers certain ways.

I don't know your program (on sound blaster) but dolby pro logic 2 is the program that allows a system to go into 5.1 sound from a lower number.

If you think your 5.1 system sounds like a 2.1 system, than chances are it is one of the problems above.

TheGreatWarMage

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
Sometimes you have to set the system, either the sound blaster card, or netflix to allow 5.1 sound. That is most likely the largest factor that might affect how netflix plays and movies play.

Also playing with the effects (multi-bar mixer menu) can make a world of difference. Along with positioning your speakers certain ways.

I don't know your program (on sound blaster) but dolby pro logic 2 is the program that allows a system to go into 5.1 sound from a lower number.

If you think your 5.1 system sounds like a 2.1 system, than chances are it is one of the problems above.

Solution