save an iPad mini that has been exposed to moisture

Price1975

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hey guys, my iPad mini was exposed to steam from a normal, everyday, warm shower, which I am grateful for and blessed to have, but I believe moisture damage was done....is there a fix? Thanks

Solution
A quicker method would be to just put it in a microwave and set to re-heat.

:)

Going the rice route should be fine. Just put it in a ziplock bag with rice for a few days and it should be okay I believe.

Some time ago a friend of mine told me that her nephew deliberately dropped her iPhone in the toilet. After a little more than a week she turned it on and it worked, but she did have watermarks on the screen.

Price1975

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

I heard about the rice trick....and so it works??? After I remove the pad from the rice do I just plug it on up to the charger and that's that??? Problem solved???

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

rice absorbs moisture. I think you will get away with it working as it was only steam. if damage occurred it would probably be the screen you would have bright spots on it. Did it power off by it self ?(that would mean short circuit). How long was it subducted to steam? You can't be 100% that it will work. leave it in a bag of rice for a week at least.In the worst case scanario there was short circuit or corrosion occoured

epicoverclock

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
rice absorbs moisture. I think you will get away with it working as it was only steam. if damage occurred it would probably be the screen you would have bright spots on it. Did it power off by it self ?(that would mean short circuit). How long was it subducted to steam? You can't be 100% that it will work. leave it in a bag of rice for a week at least.In the worst case scanario there was short circuit or corrosion occoured

A quicker method would be to just put it in a microwave and set to re-heat.

:)

Going the rice route should be fine. Just put it in a ziplock bag with rice for a few days and it should be okay I believe.

Some time ago a friend of mine told me that her nephew deliberately dropped her iPhone in the toilet. After a little more than a week she turned it on and it worked, but she did have watermarks on the screen.

Solution