Say Bye To Old Yahoo As Bing Takes Control

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Yahoo should have just taken the money and run. $44 billion is a lot to reject. I guess this doesn't effect most users anyway though, since the vast majority of people use Google.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I've probably used Bing since day one and haven't had any issues. The reason I stopped using google was because half the times I had to search for pages and pages for what I wanted since most of the links are completely irrelavent to what you search. I don't recall ever going past the first page with Bing. Also I hate google's current image viewer, its so annoying

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I like bing, i find it easier on the eyes than the stark white of google, plus i get a kick out of the new photo everyday.

Additionally, i've had better success with bing than google, for finding what i need right away.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
"...our primary goal is to provide advertisers with a quality transition..."
Exactly; no benefit to users, just to the schlock-mongers. Wherever possible, I avoid doing business with companies using intrusive advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.