School Chromebooks are too restricted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2018
I am at in the SPS (Springfield Public Schools) district and I am running out of options for getting unblocked access. I realize a lot of these answers are going to be you telling me that it is unethical to unblock things at all. I agree. I am looking to unlock some of the more ridiculous things that should not be blocked in the first place.

As the title states, I am on an HP Chromebook. I have no access to developer mode and I do not want to take apart my computer. The blocks are all on the internet, but there is also this program called Securely, that the district loves to over-use.

If I was not specific enough on anything, just ask! I really appreciate your answers!

We cannot assist in bypassing anything the owner (the school district) has set up as a restriction on the device. It is their device and as such it is up to them what they allow and don't allow to be done with/on it.

It would be no different if it was you who owned the device and put restrictions on it then loaned it to someone. You wouldn't want them breaking through those restrictions now would you.

No one on here will assist in trying to bypass anything. It is against forum policy. It is no different than trying to access something that is password protected. Someone put it there for a reason. If you want to get to what they blocked, you have to ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.