Scientist: Immortality, Superhumaness in 20 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I don't buy it. Everything created by humans is inherently flawed, and the human body has inherent flaws, so human life will always end with death.

As for the virtual experiences, it sounds extreme but plausible.

G

I think this is 20 years away, and will always remain 20 years away.

gamefreak62

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
The promise of virtual sex!? The future is bright... or dim depending on your point of view.

Though, they said we'd be flying around like the jetsons by now way back in the sixties or something, so I'm not about to hold my breath.

G

I particularly like the long list of references given in this article.

h0llow

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
YES! Not only computers and devices have downtimes with firmware upgrades, now us humans can enjoy the pleasure of randomly updating to fix some bugs if that so happens to be. Maybe it will even happen while I'm crossing the street while a bus is coming

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
in spite of all the comments above , i think that if not 20 a bit more , but it is possible ... intel says we'll be simulating a whole cell based on protein folding in 2016 ... nano understanding is the prerequisite to nano engineering ... think positive guys, the singularity will dawn upon us ... come on , we'll celebrate 100 years anniversary of crysis ! future tech always sounds like fantasy but look over the past 500 years ...

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
If this technology were to come around, even if it was possible to take one injection and live forever...the companies who hold the technology would never allow it. it wold require a "subscription" plan that would need to be renewed anually.

aeurix

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Is there any new facts or breakthroughs to support this claim? How is this news? Because some crazy guy said it.... ?? In the 50s they claimed everyone would have their own jetpack in 20 years... some things are out of our grasp, without a serious breakthrough. News of predictions isn't news.

G

[citation][nom]vorless[/nom]Nanotechnology cannot save you from having your head blown off, yet.....[/citation]

thats invincibility not immortality

G

Assuming that castration goes along with it, this is NOT going to help the overpopulation problem... Besides, over a long enough timespan, you have 100% probability of dying from something other than old age...

PS: I assume that none of you christians/muslims/jews would be signing up for this, since "god" is going to give you "eternal life" anyways, right?

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
The science is there, but the social engineering takes a lot longer to over come. There are still those on this planet that fear artificial body replacements, like heart valves.

My personal favorite is... Stop trying to play God. I would if I actually thought God existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS