Screen Alignment Samsung Omnia Problem

Segun Balogun

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I have a Samsung Omnia handset in which Screen Alignment refuse to work after I carried out a hard reset. Taking it to a service centre, I was told that I may need to change the touchscreen. Can you please help me to sort out this problem since I am not sure that the touchscreen have any problem.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Hi Segun, what do you mean by refuse to work? It won't start or nothing happens after you set the screen alignment?

Also, check if your screen is properly positioned on your phone (no gaps between the phone and the touchscreen, etc.).

G

Hi All, What he means is that no matter how many times he accurately touches the target on the Screen Alignment display, the screen will not calibrate and continuously recycles back to the first target. This is a common problem with these phones and to my knowledgem there is no fix except to continuously try to calibrate the screen over and over again until you get lucky enough for the calibration to be satisfied and then continue with the phone start up. BTW This problem doesn't only happen when the phone is hard reset. In fact, a lot of people hard reset the phone because the Windows Mobile screen calibration (under Start -> settings -> System Tab -> Screen) has the exact same problem and the screen never calibrates. However, once the phone is Hard Reset, the owner is forced to complete the screen calibration which will almost never complete.
Two months ago I was lucky enough to get my screen to calibrate after 30 minutes of hitting the target right on the nose. Two months later, the touch screen is out of calibration again, and even though I ran the "Align Screen" in accordance with all know instructions, one hour later the process has still not completed. Now I know that someone is going to say that my touch screen is probably bad. Nope, took the phone to Verizon Wireless and they agree that the phone is actually working fine but the "Screen Align" program just doesn't work on these phones once they have been in operation over 3 months (or so). Love the rest of the phone, hate the screen alignment problem and will never own another Samsung as a result. Some day someone will make a Smart Phone that works as good as a iPhone or Balckberry but *isn't* a iPhone or Blackberry. That will be the next phone for me.

adega

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
his tutorial will show you how to bypass Screen alignment on Windows mobile. Sometimes your digitizer can malfunction or screen can get cracked but still you can use the Phone. In such case if you hard reset you’re your PDA you will encounter screen alignment wizard at the welcome screen which is impossible to get rigid. Only options left are- replace the screen or bypass the screen alignment wizard. Off course your touch screen will not repair itself by doing this, but you can use much of the functionality of your PDA.

There is a hard way to bypass the screen alignment wizard by deleting welcome file from start folder of your PDA. But here you will encounter lots of file permissions. So let us not use it.

Connect your Phone to your PC using active synchronize. (It works even when you are stuck at alignment screen)
Download Remote Screen Alignment
Install and run this program on your PC
Choose SKIP to avoid the Align Screen Wizard. Program has few features that you might want to use in the future.
Restart the phone and you are done.
Incase your screen is badly aligned (if touch screen works); you can start alignment wizard from settings and do few taps. Yes you will not come out of the loop. So press any key like Screen off button, Windows or restart the phone.