Screen Flickering and Very White Dell XPS 15 L502x

Gesher

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Hi there!

I recently installed a new screen for my Dell XPS 15 L502x laptop. The screen is: LG PHILIPS LP156WF1(TP)(B1), and ever since installing it, I have had problems. My entire screen is a pale white, but I can still see what I am doing. Also, every few seconds my screen will flicker with a redish color. The recommended settings are 1920 x 1080, but when I put it at this setting it is very hard to read any text because everything is so small(I currently set it to 800 x 600). My graphics card is the GeForce GT 540M. I'm not very great with computers so I'm not sure if I didn't install it properly, or if I just can't support my new screen with my current setup.

Thanks!

Solution
It sounds like either your video cable is not seated well, or is plum faulty. Reseat the cable at the board and the LCD panel; play around with it a bit and pivot it to test while everything is exposed so you can make changes. If you can't seem to get it right, then you either need a new cable, or possibly, a different panel.

P.S. There is no such thing as an incompatibility between the VGA card and a LCD screen. :)

Gesher

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I updated the driver for both my Graphics Card and Video Card (Intel(R) HD Graphics), yet when I restarted my computer it said "You do not have the correct graphics driver or card installed. Please try an updated driver from the manufacturer." So essentially this means that my screen and graphics/video are incompatible, right? Is there a work around?

Gesher

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Update: I have reinstalled the screen to make sure it is all snug and it no longer flickers but the color is still off. When I try Display Color Calibration it says that it cannot detect if my display is "mirrored" or not and thus cannot calibrate my display. I'm going to keep working at it, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like either your video cable is not seated well, or is plum faulty. Reseat the cable at the board and the LCD panel; play around with it a bit and pivot it to test while everything is exposed so you can make changes. If you can't seem to get it right, then you either need a new cable, or possibly, a different panel.

P.S. There is no such thing as an incompatibility between the VGA card and a LCD screen. :)

Solution