Screen not working properly.

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
When I boot up my laptop the screen of it doesn't turn on. But if I boot up the laptop connected to a second monitor then the laptop screen will work. I can even disconnect the second monitor after booting up and the laptop screen will work fine. Any idea of what is happening?

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

So I change the laptop to be the primary monitor but it still doesn't work if I don't boot up with the other monitor connected. I checked and the laptop screen is still set as primary. At home this is not a problem because I can connect the second monitor and then disconect it. But when I take the laptop to school this is going to be a problem. Do you have any other idea of what is causing this? Sorry for late reply and thank's for your help.

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

Asus G75 with:
i7 3630QM 2.4 Ghz, boost to 3.4Ghz
GTX 670MX with 3GB Vram
16 GB Ram, I don't know the specs of the Ram, it is the one that came with the laptop
1080p 60 Hz display

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

I looket up the link you sent. But I don't know if it is the same problem. Right now I am using my laptop screen only, without the second monitor connected, it as been like this for over an hour and it is working fine. My problem only happens at the startup. I tried starting up without being connected to the second monitor and using light to see if there was a problem with the backlight as they say in the link you gave and I see nothing. I connected the second screen. Started up again and the freaking laptop screen works just fine. I can even use the fn+f7 command that on my laptops turns the screen off or on and it works just fine. I just have to start up connected to the second monitor for some reason...

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

This looks like the same problem I have! No solution there.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Ok so the laptop must startup with the external screen connected and can be disconnected once the laptop has booted. Those links were for you try to those suggestion and see if any difference occurs for you. While the laptop issue is not solved, for now try connecting just the hdmi cable to fool the laptop that an external monitor is connected, if this works you will be able to use the laptop at school for now until a proper solution is found.

igorjn

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015

Ok. So I tried to boot up with just the HDMI cable as you suggested and that doen't work. Tomorrow I will try to boot up connected to a school monitor with a VGA Cable and see if it works with that. Do you think I should take the laptop to a repair shop?