puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
hi.

i have just got a bran new panasonic p42u30b. the screen has a little miss focus when there is movement in the screen. colours are great and the tv has a lot of detail. my ariel is a normal roof ariel. signal is 10/10. so i dont no if this is normal.
its free-view hd built in. jay

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
input frames per second might be too low for the video processor.
input frames per second might be too high for the video processor.

to say it is the televisions fault.. the answer is 50/50 when doing the tests at home.
you could hook it up to the computer and run 60 frames per second..
but
if the video processor inside the television is messing around with the video frames.. you will continue to see that same 60 frames per second.. even if the frames per second from the television are actually 120 or 30.

i have seen free high definition over the air with an antenna.. my focus wasnt lost with high movement.
this was viewed on a crt monitor.
i mean.. i didnt have my nose up to the screen to try and detect something that wouldnt be seen from 2ft away.

you really need a different input to see if the problem is because of your input choice?
sure..
maybe the component input does it, but the hdmi doesnt do it.
but as i said..
digital television from an antenna didnt blur on my crt.
i am about 50 miles away from the broadcast tower.. and if you dont try a different video input, that would be quite a guess.

why cant you connect the television up to the computer?
is it a laptop with no video component or hdmi outputs?

i mean.. you already have an antenna up.
did you have television connected to the antenna when the switch to digital happened?
maybe it is your signal being received?
if there was a repeater that blurred the video when there was motion, i could see that happening.
if your distance from the broadcast tower is really far, i could imagine some blurring of the motion because of signal loss (like losing transients in the air because the signal isnt strong enough to transfer the tiny pulses)

maybe it is the amplifier on your antenna?
the digital packets dont always have to be exact.
yes, if the signal was not able to be received 'solid' enough.. then you would get the square pixelation.
but
depending on modulation technique.. solid video could come across stronger than moving video.
to say that the antenna itself is using key frames.. or the air is absorbing and thus accumulating key frames.. then it could be possible.

there are options that might have been chosen.. and without those options being ruled out, it is a whirl wind of guesses.

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

thank you for replaying to me. my tv says its 0.001 after some sort of video rate. i can not hook it to my pc yet i have only vga out and tv does not support vga only hdmi so will have to wait till i upgrade. and i stand away from my tv at the moment iam about 10 foot away and can see it. mainly when there faces are close to the camera.

watching tennis was a bit of a bugga. when they hit the ball there arms move very fast and tv just did not keep up with it and showed a bit of blur. this is my 1st hdtv so i dont have any hdmi inputs i.e dvd player or sky tv. but the picture has a lot of colours and very good with slow motion. never seen a screen so colourfull.

i think it could be built in free-view. people have said there just an add on. my antenna is an old one. but i have a normal 28 before and was ok. not blurry but not to sharp.

think is i dont want to get a antenna or sky or free-sat to find out it was the tv to start with. had the tv guy out who i got the tv of. he said he can not see anythink wrong but they all say that. said i must be purple eyed mmmmmmmmm. ( tit )

i have 3 years warranty so if all else fails i have a fall back. Jay