Solved! Screen turned all black after small fall.

Nov 16, 2021
So the screen of my Samsung A7 turned all black after a small fall (<20cm) from when I was sitting on the floor, I've tried various things (such as pressing at different points, trying to restart it etc) to revive the phone but nothing has worked.
When charging, the phone doesn't show anything and force restarting the phone causes it to vibrate and I've found that my set alarms also still work, so I have reason to believe the device still works. But I've been unable to get it to play any other sounds / respond to other things, theres also no major psychical damage.
Is there anything I can do except get it fixed/ buying a new phone?

Last edited:
Solution
qq"Is there anything I can do except get it fixed/ buying a new phone? "
Why yes!, Yes there is!

If you have the hands of a sturgeon, (yes sturgeon, flippers and all) I found this for you. USED BUT WORKING A7 SCREEN Your cheapest option, IF you have the
the ability and tools to do fine, delicate work. You would also need to take precautions against ESD damage.
(Electro-Static Discharge) or without even knowing it
you could easily destroy the phone otherwise. There is also THIS BRAND NEW ONE, which costs a bit more, but at least you would know you are getting a reliable part.
I noticed there are multiple sub-models, so make sure by writing the seller if necessary, that you are getting the right one...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
No. the display sounds like it's damaged beyond anyplace but a shop to fix.
To verify this, try the only thing left I can think of.
Pull the SIM card, wipe clean with something NON SYNTHETIC, and by that I mean cotton to prevent static damage,
then return to it's place in the phone. If no change. Bring to shop, or save the cost of them charging you for saying it's not worth repair,
And put that saved money into a replacement phone. (They MIGHT be able to repair it at a worthwhile price, but it's a coin flip on that one.)

Nov 16, 2021
No. the display sounds like it's damaged beyond anyplace but a shop to fix.
To verify this, try the only thing left I can think of.
Pull the SIM card, wipe clean with something NON SYNTHETIC, and by that I mean cotton to prevent static damage,
then return to it's place in the phone. If no change. Bring to shop, or save the cost of them charging you for saying it's not worth repair,
And put that saved money into a replacement phone. (They MIGHT be able to repair it at a worthwhile price, but it's a coin flip on that one.)
Fair enough.
Thanks for the response.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
qq"Is there anything I can do except get it fixed/ buying a new phone? "
Why yes!, Yes there is!

If you have the hands of a sturgeon, (yes sturgeon, flippers and all) I found this for you. USED BUT WORKING A7 SCREEN Your cheapest option, IF you have the
the ability and tools to do fine, delicate work. You would also need to take precautions against ESD damage.
(Electro-Static Discharge) or without even knowing it
you could easily destroy the phone otherwise. There is also THIS BRAND NEW ONE, which costs a bit more, but at least you would know you are getting a reliable part.
I noticed there are multiple sub-models, so make sure by writing the seller if necessary, that you are getting the right one.
Here's the rub, since the screen is not cracked in any way right? ........... it may not be the screen itself, it could be something on the circuit board. Since the phone is worth nothing as it is now, what's the worst you can do? Break it? You can probably find the damaged part visually. As this is from a 50 story fall. (That's what <20cm means, right)? I am just joking with you, I am in a goofy mood.
Seriously, you should not have had any damage from a 20 cm drop, but since it was a drop, the damage will probably be visible, upon a very careful inspection. It could just be a cable connector popped loose. Or you may need to take apart the front screen frame assembly. Separate and label all the the screws as you go, to make reassembly easier. Look for a tutorial YouTube video for screen replacement on your model.
All this is academic if you don't want to get into this yourself, so I'll shut up, and let you tell nishanloshan what you want to do, as I am only a janitor.
But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!

-- BEAUFORD_SAVAGE
Janitor and Electrical Engineer. (My major was janitorial arts, I minored as a BSEE)

Solution