Solved! SD card in Marshmallow on Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F

Nov 24, 2018
Now that you have the external SD card set as internal storage on "Marshmallow"., how do you know how much storage you used and how much free space? I did this on my Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F and can see that data is going on the SD because the normal internal storage was reduced, ????????? What do you have to due to see that you have 12GB + 64GB with the SD installed total storage?

Solution
File managers should see what is on the card as well as the tablet itself. If what you are using isn't, then there is a problem with that file manager.

File managers don't really see the storage size the same way the tablet settings do. Personally I don't use the device file manager apps. To many problems and way to much of a hassle when trying to move or change things. You get way better results when connecting via USB to a computer.

If the file manager isn't showing things correctly, you may want to try getting a different file management app. Sometimes the original ones that come with a device just don't do enough.
Nov 24, 2018
yes, I understand that you can go to settings. But file managers dont see the added memory and I added photos which were loaded on the tablet storage first instead of going to the SD card. I had hoped it would store everything on the sd first and you would be able to see what is going on with the file manager.Fore example in the case of the phots i stored, when i ejected the SD card and reinstalled one i had set up as external usb i could see the system had stored e everything on the tablets storage.

File managers should see what is on the card as well as the tablet itself. If what you are using isn't, then there is a problem with that file manager.

File managers don't really see the storage size the same way the tablet settings do. Personally I don't use the device file manager apps. To many problems and way to much of a hassle when trying to move or change things. You get way better results when connecting via USB to a computer.

If the file manager isn't showing things correctly, you may want to try getting a different file management app. Sometimes the original ones that come with a device just don't do enough.

Solution