Solved! SD card not playing videos after transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2021
I've recently purchased a 264gb sd card for my Samsung s20. I had transferred a my videos on to this however now I cannot play any video on my phone or laptop. When I try to play the video it states " Failed to play video, an unknown error has occured"

I can see the files and they all have data on them? Any ideas?

So far I have tried

- downloading another video player (didn't work same message)

- transferring videos back to my Samsung (didn't work)

- tried playing videos on vocals on laptop (didn't work)

- trialed a file revolvers website (unsuccesful)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I've recently purchased a 264gb sd card for my Samsung s20. I had transferred a my videos on to this however now I cannot play any video on my phone or laptop. When I try to play the video it states " Failed to play video, an unknown error has occured"

I can see the files and they all have data on them? Any ideas?

So far I have tried

- downloading another video player (didn't work same message)

- transferring videos back to my Samsung (didn't work)

- tried playing videos on vocals on laptop (didn't work)

- trialed a file revolvers website (unsuccesful)
256GB?

Apr 4, 2021
Try formatting the card clean, and copy the videos back to it. Where did those videos come from, your computer? Do they all play OK on the computer still (not from the card).
Thanks I've tried formatting the card. The videos were originally taken from my Samsung and transferred to the sd card. Whenever I move a video file back to my phone it won't play nor did it play when I transferred the files on to my computer yet once I access the sd card I can see them and the memory just unable to play.

Apr 4, 2021
How are you transferring videos from your phone to the SD card? Via what means?

Are these videos shot with your camera or downloaded from elsewhere?

The sd card was inserted into my Samsung and I transferred my videos (shot with my phone) to the card via my files. So from internal storage to sd card.

Thanks I've tried formatting the card. The videos were originally taken from my Samsung and transferred to the sd card. Whenever I move a video file back to my phone it won't play nor did it play when I transferred the files on to my computer yet once I access the sd card I can see them and the memory just unable to play.

OK so no videos play at all at any place when you copy them to the card from internal storage is that correct? Are these just videos you took with the phone? How about if you try to copy pictures to the card or do a copy from a file on the computer to the card?
Do you have another card to try this with?

Apr 4, 2021
Try using the SD card as the default storage location for the camera and then try playing the videos.
Tried and no luck unfortunately...
OK so no videos play at all at any place when you copy them to the card from internal storage is that correct? Are these just videos you took with the phone? How about if you try to copy pictures to the card or do a copy from a file on the computer to the card?
Do you have another card to try this with?
Thank you for your help it was very appreciated. I took the SD card to a tech shop today and they have confirmed it was not a genuine sd card and all the data transferred was corrupt. They have ran diagnostics on the card and was reading 250gb not 256gb which resulted in a fake. They also tried to repair the videos on file however the data was not extracting from the card to repair.. they then tried recovery however it was only sitting at 6%. Last result they tried formatting the card, the card formatted fine as exFAT but data couldn't be transferred across.

Status
Not open for further replies.